7th grad help

  • summer watts
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2010
      Hello
      I have finally talked my husband into homeschooling my 12yr old. Now I am in search of free sites that will allow me to print what ever it is the typical 7th grader needs. That being said I am also in search of someone who happens to know what the typical 7th grader needs to learn. If anyone has any links, ideas, suggestions, or other comments on what i should teach her and where to get it from I would gladly love the help
      thanks ever so much
      Summer

    • AMI SEGNA
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 31, 2010
        Where are you located exactly? We have some materials at the Alamogordo Public Library - not whole curriculae, but unit studies, reproducibles, etc. You can also go to:

        http://www.ped.state.nm.us/nmstandards.html

        for the standards and benchmarks for each grade, but don't feel like you have to cover every word - as a former 7th grade teacher, I can tell you the schools don't:)

        Ebay and hollomanyardsales.com are also popular for picking up textbooks/workbooks, etc.

        Good luck!

        To: lascruceshomeschool@yahoogroups.com; owhl@yahoogroups.com; promisegarden@yahoogroups.com; SNMHSA@yahoogroups.com; The-Las-Cruces-Playgroup-list@...; info@...

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 11, 2010
          Try any of these:

          http://www.amblesideonline.org/
          http://oldfashionededucation.com/
          http://freehomeschoolinglibrar.blogspot.com/
          http://www.letshomeschool.com/
          http://schoolexpress.com/

          I use time4learning.com its a monthly fee(message me to get one month free if you like) but you can go to this link and see the scope and sequence for every grade. (what to teach a 7th grader). You can also google "7th grade scope and sequence" without the quotes to get more of them.

          http://www.time4learning.com/scope-sequence/index.shtml