Rocketry, Robotics and Going to Alamogordo for Space Launch Reenactment

  • Mahina Adkins
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2009
      Rocketry, Robotics and Going to Alamogordo for Space Launch Reenactment

      In case anyone else is interested this is an event happening at Alamogordo's New Mexico Museum of Space History:

      Saturday, November 14th
      9:00 am - 3:00 pm
      Apollo 12 Commemorative Launch Reenactment

      I plan to take my family to a commemoration of the 40th Anniversary of the Apollo Program.
      Event schedule includes: Rocket launch demo, Space Vehicle launch demo, Apollo 12 launch reenactment, presentations by guest speaker astronaut Mike Mullane. We plan to launch our rockets and fold a paper airplane to be released during a launch to see who's design stays up the longest.

      I do not know if this event is at all geared toward home schoolers or families. I am taking a chance in going. If anyone else is interested, I am open to going in caravan over to Alamogordo together at about 7:30 am Saturday or meeting up at the event. Contact me at adkinshome808@.... I can give you a phone # if needed.

      I have this information second-handedly from Dave Kovar if you want more information you can ask me or call-
      Cathy Harper the Public Relations Director at the museum contact # 1-877-333-6589 or
      1-575-437-2840

      We went to the monthly FLARE sport rocket launch at NMSU last Saturday , learned about the rockets, built one and launched it a few times. My children had a blast, and I plan to do more of that.
      Does anyone else know of homeschool friendly groups, events, clubs and classes in LC involving rocketry and robotics? Or we could form our own.

      It's an idea, therefore, a possibility.

      ~Mahina Adkins