Re: New to homeschooling

  • loriandsep
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 14, 2009
      --- In lascruceshomeschool@yahoogroups.com, "Carrie" <nehalem04@...> wrote:

      > Hi everyone. I have a first grader who is still currently in public school but is having difficulty, she is very bright but needs a little more time to grasp concepts. More time than the public school curriculum is able to provide. I feel she will benefit greatly from being homeschooled for at least a year so she can have the time and individual attention to catch up. I've found a curriculum I feel comfortable with, I would like to know what community resources are out there as far as social opportunities. Emma is a very social child and I hate to cut her off from that. Does anybody have any suggestions? I appreciate any advice. Thanks!

      Hi there, My name is Lori and I started homeschooling my son after 1st grade, I knew he needed extra help. My son is also very social. There are many things to do in Las Cruces when it comes to homeschooling. One thing that we do and I would recommend it to anyone who wants their kids around a school setting is I work for a program called Enrich the Kids. It is privately owned after school program and is offered at 2 of the elementary schools. Hillrise and East Picacho (this is where I work) My son gets to be in with school kids doing many different things from 2 -5. Right now the program is offering enrichment classes as well. Well, I don't know if it would be right for you guys or not. Check out the web site Enrichthekids.com if you want.