Unschooling vs. Not

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 26 12:21 PM
      Melani,

      I don't know that I am committed to unschooling exclusively forever
      either. But for a kindergartener, it seems to make sense. Mary and I
      have read some of Rudolf Steiner's work and the first years are an age
      of taking in information from all the senses and a lot of learning
      happens through play and observation. But as a child gets older,
      learning becomes more about linking things together or linking new
      information to already acquired information and experiences and
      certainly a child could benefit from exposure to information that
      he/she might not have chosen. So, I think what you are doing with
      your son makes good sense. He still has plenty of time for his own
      interests.

      Bruce
      --- In lascruceshomeschool@yahoogroups.com, "Melani Daves Moore"