Moving to Las Cruces

  • K.E.M.
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 7, 2009
      Hi everyone,
      My name is Kathi and we will be moving to Las Cruces in April. I am
      looking for some families to connect with that also homeschool. I
      have been homeschooling for 8 years. We will be moving from Michigan.
      I have 3 boys ages 16, 15, & 14. I also have a daughter that is 9. I
      would really be interested in connecting with families that have a
      daughter close to that age. She is sad about leaving her best friend
      behind.
      We aren't moving until April because I am expecting a new little girl
      on April 8th.

      So, feel free to email me at kamartinez@...

      I would love to start meeting people before we get there. We are also
      going to be looking for a new church, so I would like to hear about
      your church and what kind of programs they have for kids, how formal
      are they, etc,. We belong to a Christian Reformed Church up here.
      They have great programs for the kids and they aren't overly formal.
      I tend to wear jeans all the time and shorts in the summer. Nobody
      makes faces, they love me just the same. My kids go in jeans/shorts
      and t-shirts and nobody makes faces. It is just who we are. We are
      casual dressers but we love God just the same!!

      I am looking forward to meeting some of you and can't wait until we
      move out of this ice and snow!!
    • Daqurie Morlang
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 8, 2009
        HI. We are new to LC, I have 6 children ages all in my siggy. I am sure my 9 yo daughter( Mickie) would LOVE to have a new friend here her age also.

        Daqurie,
        Wife to my love Ron
        Mommy to: Ryan (11) Mickie (9) Johnathan (5) Serenity Rose M/C 5/22/04, Aunnaleah (3), Jocelyn 2, Josiah 2/29/08,Blessing due June 09

        So, feel free to email me at kamartinez@charterm i.net

        I would love to start meeting people before we get there. We are also
        going to be looking for a new church, so I would like to hear about
        your church and what kind of programs they have for kids, how formal
        are they, etc,. We belong to a Christian Reformed Church up here.
        They have great programs for the kids and they aren't overly formal.
        I tend to wear jeans all the time and shorts in the summer. Nobody
        makes faces, they love me just the same. My kids go in jeans/shorts
        and t-shirts and nobody makes faces. It is just who we are. We are
        casual dressers but we love God just the same!!

        I am looking forward to meeting some of you and can't wait until we
        move out of this ice and snow!!

      • Paul & Ruby
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1 4:10 PM
          Hi everyone

          Moving in Oct
          would love to know more about homeschooling in
          Las Cruces..
          Co-ops or groups.. Middle schools and High schoolers

          Please share

          Thanks!
          Ruby