Re: [lascruceshomeschool] Where to start?

  • Stacey Stelly
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 24, 2008
      Hi Kathryn my is Stacey and there is a group that meets on Wednesday at Young Park here in Las Cruces at 12:00 every week.  You might want to check us out the ages are from K-12. I have been homeschooling for about 8yrs now.  Stacey

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 24, 2008
        Hi Stacey,

        The problem with meeting in the middle of the day for me is that I
        work full time - altho it is from home so there is some flexibility.
        I do not know Young Park...where is it and where could I find you?
        If I can break free from work next week I will try to come out. If
        not it may have to be the next week.

        Thanks,

        Kathryn

        --- In lascruceshomeschool@yahoogroups.com, Stacey Stelly
        <stellyclan5@...> wrote:

        > Hi Kathryn my is Stacey and there is a group that meets on
        Wednesday at Young Park here in Las Cruces at 12:00 every week.  You
        might want to check us out the ages are from K-12. I have been
        homeschooling for about 8yrs now..  Stacey

        > --- On Thu, 10/23/08, Bruce and Kathryn Lewis <toopznapod@...>
        wrote:

        > From: Bruce and Kathryn Lewis <toopznapod@...>
        > Subject: [lascruceshomeschool] Where to start?
        > To: lascruceshomeschool@yahoogroups.com
        > Date: Thursday, October 23, 2008, 3:35 PM
        >

        > Hi,
        >
        > I am looking for information on how to get started homeschooling.
        We
        > have an almost 4 yr old that I am considering homeschooling in the
        next
        > year or so and I would like to be able to talk with people in the
        Las
        > Cruces area who have done this or are doing it. I don't know
        anything
        > about how to get started so any information will be appreciated.
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Kathryn

      • Bruce and Kathryn Lewis
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 24, 2008
          Jhana,

          I would love to meet with you but obviously I missed this week...lol
          Perhaps next week or the week after. I would have to take time off
          from work to come in the middle of a work day but I might be able to
          do it occasionally. I am fairly new to LAs Cruces and I am not sure
          where the Mesilla Park Rec Center is...how do I find it...never mind
          I can google it. :D

          I look forward to meeting you all.

          Kathryn

          --- In lascruceshomeschool@yahoogroups.com, Jhana Morrow
          <jhana.morrow@...> wrote:

          > Hi Kathryn,
          >
          > We belong to a home-school group here in Las Cruces, we are
          actually meeting tomorrow at the park behind Mesilla Park rec center
          at 10:15am if you are interested you are invited to come and hang out
          with us.  Our Group is unique because we do not promote anyone idea
          or philosophy we are just a group of families who share field trips
          and park days and conversations.  As you begin this journey of
          learning about homeschooling you will find that everyone has a
          opinion.  There are a million different choices of circulm or not.  A
          billion different ideas on how to do it and what is the best way, but
          you will learn very quickly that you can use what you want and leave
          what you don't want.  I wish you much luck and hope to meet your
          family soon.  I am a mom of 3 kids 15 1/2 years (public school), 10
          years (homeschooled) and 4 years ( homeschooled).  This is my secound
          year homeschooling my children and both my children and myself really
          enjoy
          > homeschooling.
          > Jhana
          >
          > --- On Thu, 10/23/08, Bruce and Kathryn Lewis <toopznapod@...>
          wrote:

          > From: Bruce and Kathryn Lewis <toopznapod@...>
          > Subject: [lascruceshomeschool] Where to start?
          > To: lascruceshomeschool@yahoogroups.com
          > Date: Thursday, October 23, 2008, 10:35 PM
          >

          > Hi,
          >
          > I am looking for information on how to get started homeschooling.
          We
          > have an almost 4 yr old that I am considering homeschooling in the
          next
          > year or so and I would like to be able to talk with people in the
          Las
          > Cruces area who have done this or are doing it. I don't know
          anything
          > about how to get started so any information will be appreciated.
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Kathryn

        • Bruce and Kathryn Lewis
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 24, 2008

            <stellyclan5@...> wrote:

            > Hi Kathryn my is Stacey and there is a group that meets on
            Wednesday at Young Park here in Las Cruces at 12:00 every week.  You
            might want to check us out the ages are from K-12. I have been
            homeschooling for about 8yrs now..  Stacey

            > --- On Thu, 10/23/08, Bruce and Kathryn Lewis <toopznapod@...>
            wrote:

            > From: Bruce and Kathryn Lewis <toopznapod@...>
            > Subject: [lascruceshomeschool] Where to start?
            > To: lascruceshomeschool@yahoogroups.com
            > Date: Thursday, October 23, 2008, 3:35 PM
            >

            > Hi,
            >
            > I am looking for information on how to get started homeschooling.
            We
            > have an almost 4 yr old that I am considering homeschooling in the
            next
            > year or so and I would like to be able to talk with people in the
            Las
            > Cruces area who have done this or are doing it. I don't know
            anything
            > about how to get started so any information will be appreciated.
            > Thanks,
            >
            > Kathryn

          • Stacey Stelly
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 25, 2008