6th Annual Butterfly Flutterby

  • Rink
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2008
      The Asombro Institute for Science Education invites you to celebrate
      butterflies at the 6th Annual Butterfly Flutterby at the Chihuahuan
      Desert Nature Park on Saturday, August 16, 2008 from 9 am to noon.
      Butterflies are delicate creatures that grace our world and delight
      people of all ages. Learn all about butterflies at the park! For
      the kids there will be arts and crafts, butterfly sponge toss, and
      face painting. Make a butterfly watering plate to attract these
      dainty creatures to your yard. Families can enjoy strolling along
      the Desert Discovery Trail or browsing our bucket auction (tons of
      great items up for grabs). All proceeds from the bucket auction
      benefit the Asombro Institute's education programs and site
      development. Admission is $1.

      The Chihuahuan Desert Nature Park is located northeast of Las
      Cruces. From I-25 in Las Cruces, head east on Highway 70. Take the
      Mesa Grande Road exit (at OƱate High School). Make a U-turn under
      the highway to head west and stay in the right lane. Turn right
      (north) on Jornada Road. Follow Jornada Road for 6.4 miles and turn
      left at the Chihuahuan Desert Nature Park sign. Follow the entrance
      road to the parking area and trailhead.

      The Asombro Institute for Science Education is a nonprofit
      organization dedicated to increasing scientific literacy by fostering
      an understanding of the Chihuahuan Desert. The Asombro Institute
      provides hands-on science education programs for more than 12,000
      students throughout southern New Mexico and west Texas each year.
      Anyone interested in learning more about the Asombro Institute for
      Science Education, membership, and volunteer opportunities should
      call the Institute office at 575-524-3334 or check our web site at
      www.asombro.org.