Re: [lascruceshomeschool] please help

  • Theresa "BK" Larson
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 22, 2008

      Julia,

      I happen to be on this list but live out of town. I'm not sure how active this group is during the summer & I don't have any direct phone #'s for you.... but you might try this terrific link for contacts & general New Mexico homeschool info: http://www.newmexicohomeschoolcommunity.com/

      or try signing on to these more active Las Cruces groups: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OWHL/ (Look for Yvonne or Jhanna I think they are the moderators but if not, they wonderul mamas to contact in Las Cruces & are great help for area support/activites or http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HENCOOP/ ( Look for Katie and Leticia - moderators)

      BK

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 22, 2008
        Hi Julia:

        BK gave you some great sites to check out with one exception. The
        moderators of the yahoo group, OWHL are myself, Leticia, and Nicole.
        You can look for Yvonne at the yahoo group HENCOOP. hahahaha

        Hope this helps.

        Katie

        --- In lascruceshomeschool@yahoogroups.com, "Theresa \"BK\" Larson"
        <newmeximom@...> wrote:

        > Julia,
        > I happen to be on this list but live out of town. I'm not sure how
        active this group is during the summer & I don't have any direct phone
        #'s for you.... but you might try this terrific link for contacts &
        general New Mexico homeschool info:
        http://www.newmexicohomeschoolcommunity.com/
        > or try signing on to these more active Las Cruces groups:
        they are the moderators but if not, they wonderul mamas to contact in
        Las Cruces & are great help for area support/activites or
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HENCOOP/ ( Look for Katie and Leticia -
        moderators)

        > BK

      • yduhigg
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 22, 2008
          Hi Julia,

          My name is Yvonne and I am one of the 4 facilitators of the Homeschool
          Enrichment Network & Co-op (HENCOOP). Both groups that were mentioned
          to you HENCOOP and OWHL, have different events on different days so
          what some homeschooling families do is join both groups so they can
          pick the events they are interested in and what works with their
          schedule. It's quite nice because there seems to be something to
          participate in all the time.

          If you wish to join HENCOOP log on to
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HENCOOP and select join group. As a
          website moderator I'll be happy to accept your request to join. Also,
          if you have any questions, please feel free to call me at 639-3052.

          Yvonne

          --- In lascruceshomeschool@yahoogroups.com, Julia Arellano
          <jularell@...> wrote:

          > Dear Homeschool Parents,
          >
          > I am interested in finding out more about your organization. Is there
          a contact person that I may call or that will call me? My number is 642-
          8547.

          > Sincerely,
          > Julia Arellano

        • Theresa "BK" Larson
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 22, 2008
            Julia,
            By now you've realized I was mistaken as far as the group
            facilitaor/moderators names go. Apologies. Sign on to the groups
            anyway and you'll find that whether you can remember their names or
            not (;0!), there's a GREAT group of mamas & kiddos w/lots of resources
            in your area!
            BK