Fourth of July Singalong

  • roquemoma
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 13, 2008
      The first rehearsal was last Monday but they asked me to recruit more
      children, so anyone is welcome to join up still. Most of the songs
      were familiar patriotic standards, with a few unfamiliar ones thrown
      in. My girls had a great time, everyone was very nice to them. If
      anyone has any questions they can call the number below or email me at
      merrill.rm@..... Here is the info:

      Fourth of July Sing-along: Sing your heart out with the "Spirit of '76
      Choristers." For the past 10 years, Voz Vaqueros, The Singing Men of
      Las Cruces, have invited women, men, and children to join with them in
      their annual July 4 program at Young Park. You and your kids are
      invited to learn and re-learn many of the great patriotic songs of our
      country. Join Monday 7 p.m. rehearsals June 9, 16, 23 and 30 Village
      at Northrise's Morningside building, 2880 Roadrunner Parkway and an
      on-site rehearsal at 7 p.m. July 3 at Young Park. It's all free. Info:
      (575) 635-0197 or e-mail jardengeor@...

      Rachel
    • nachos1mama
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 14, 2008
        I saw that someone organized a print shop tour and I thought a
        psychology lab tour might be interesting for the teens or pre-teen
        homeschoolers and their parents. We have many labs but I think the
        ones that might give us tours are the ones that do EEG work
        (neuro-psychological studies)and a robot interaction lab. While you
        wouldn't be able to see a subject being run and could not be a
        subject, (against department policy) it might be interesting to see
        the labs and have a talk from one of the graduate students in each lab
        about what they do and what sort of education is involved. So, before
        I contact the labs and the department head, is anyone interested in
        this sort of field trip? Please contact me off list if you would
        definitely come. If enough people contact me (more than 3), I'll get
        the permissions in place and organize something and post it on the
        website for everyone.
        Thanks,
        Lisa Jo
      • Theresa "BK" Larson
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 24, 2008

          Anymore info on this filed trip opportunity?

          Keep us updated... we're interested!

          Thanks,

          Theresa Larson