new member...

  • kaseycosley
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 7 11:55 AM
      Hello. We have recently moved to Las Cruces. I have two sons -- ages
      7 and almost 11. We are home-schooling here, and have not yet met any
      other kids their ages. If anyone knows of any home school
      social/field trips that we could attend, please let me know. My boys
      are into team sports, art, music, and general boy-play. Good kids who
      mostly play with each other, but would like some outside friends as
      well. Thanks!
    • Theresa "BK" Larson
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 10 8:12 AM
        We're in the area. WSMR. I have 2 girls at home (16 & 7). There ARE
        some (quite a few, really!) homeschoolers in Las Cruces. A few groups
        get together for Park Days. We're kind of hit & miss in rcving info on
        the activities there and usually find ourselves getting together with
        the El Paso groups. If that's not too far away for you, contact me off-
        line and I'll send you a list of groups there... and if you hear of any
        Las Cruces group happenings, PLEASE feel free to let me know! Maybe we
        can meet up! I can also be contacted at newmeximom@... and check
        that address most often. We had the opportunity to meet several of the
        Las Cruces families thru a notebooking group that met at Branigan
        Library but we grew busy & lost touch. Check with the children's
        librarian there - they probably know the latest gatherings/happenings
        with homeschoolers! Welcome. Looking forward to meeting you on day soon!
        Theresa "BK" Larson

        --- In lascruceshomeschool@yahoogroups.com, "kaseycosley"
        <kaseycosley@...> wrote:

        > Hello. We have recently moved to Las Cruces. I have two sons -- ages
        > 7 and almost 11. We are home-schooling here, and have not yet met any
        > other kids their ages. If anyone knows of any home school
        > social/field trips that we could attend, please let me know. My boys
        > are into team sports, art, music, and general boy-play. Good kids who
        > mostly play with each other, but would like some outside friends as
        > well. Thanks!

      • Theresa "BK" Larson
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 10 8:26 AM
          Kasey,
          I forgot to include the following info you might find helpful:
          Somewhere on this list is a Las Cruces mom named Jhana. She has
          children in your age group and was extremely helpful/encouraging when
          we met her. Look her up as I think she attends the Park Days.
          Here's a couple NM links for you to check out too.

          Much Luck in the search for area homeschoolers to connect with!
          BK

          <kaseycosley@...> wrote:

          > Hello. We have recently moved to Las Cruces. I have two sons -- ages
          > 7 and almost 11. We are home-schooling here, and have not yet met any
          > other kids their ages. If anyone knows of any home school
          > social/field trips that we could attend, please let me know. My boys
          > are into team sports, art, music, and general boy-play. Good kids who
          > mostly play with each other, but would like some outside friends as
          > well. Thanks!

        • stellyclan5
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 30, 2008
            <kaseycosley@...> wrote:

            > Hello. We have recently moved to Las Cruces. I have two sons -- ages
            > 7 and almost 11. We are home-schooling here, and have not yet met any
            > other kids their ages. If anyone knows of any home school
            > social/field trips that we could attend, please let me know. My boys
            > are into team sports, art, music, and general boy-play. Good kids who
            > mostly play with each other, but would like some outside friends as
            > well. Thanks!

            Hi my name is Stacey and we are meeting a Young Park on Wednesday of
            every week, you and your boys are welcome my younger kids are boys and
            there ages are 8 and 11. The Owhl Group will be there tomorrow about
            12p.m. I hope this helps, I live in the Sonoma Ranch area. I hope to
            see you there. (We meet way in the back by the pond and playground).
            Stacey