Important FAQ re: Disneyland Sept 08 field trip

  • shealeader
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 12, 2008
      I was in Indiana this past weekend visiting family, and the WiFi
      that we were supposed to have in our hotel did not work – so when I
      got home there were over 450 emails to go through! These two FAQ
      were asked by enough people that I thought perhaps there were many
      others who were thinking the same questions.

      So if the moderators do not mind, I would like to address just these
      two important questions regarding the 2nd Annual Not Back to School
      Days at Disneyland Field Trip for Sept. 15-17, 2008.

      1) THE PARENT CHAPERONE TICKETS ARE RUNNING OUT. AM I REQUIRED
      TO ATTEND THE Y.E.S. CLASS WITH MY TEENAGER/CHILD? HOW LONG IS THE
      CLASS? (asked by 34 people)
      No. You are not required to attend the class. As a matter of fact,
      Disneyland prefers that there be more students than adults in the
      class. SHEA will be providing (just as we did last year) chaperones
      for each class at the ratio of 4-6 children per adult. Once we
      receive the class times from Disneyland, you will be notified of
      pickup/drop off times and locations. Children are given a wristband
      (provided by SHEA) for identification, and a name tag (provided by
      Disneyland). Disneyland is very good about keeping track of their
      groups, and SHEA chaperones had no problems at all last year. If
      you do not want to attend the class and would like to take advantage
      of the 2.5 to 3 hour time to see the things you want to see at
      Disneyland, or to entertain your younger children, please use the
      ticket option "Guest Pass Only" on the registration page. This is
      the same price and is still a 3-day park hopper pass. Should you
      have a special needs child, and feel you must be in the class,
      contact me directly and I will take care of it for you. Write to:
      fieldtrips@...

      2) I PAID FOR MY TICKETS ALREADY – WHEN WILL I RECEIVE THEM?
      (asked by 14 people)
      When you purchased your tickets, you should have received a
      confirmation from the eventbrite module (it is emailed to whatever
      email you provided on eventbrite) that explained when you will
      receive your tickets. Disneyland *will not* issue any tickets to us
      until our entire group order has closed. We will tally up the class
      totals, and Disneyland will schedule their staff accordingly and
      mail the tickets to SHEA. Once we receive them, we will put them in
      an envelope with all of your other information (hotel info, class
      info, additional activity info, etc.) and send it to you via
      CERTIFIED MAIL which you will have to sign for. This will be no
      later than 30 days prior to the event. In case anyone has lost
      their email, I have resent them to the entire attendee list.

      So these are the two most FAQ – if you have any other questions,
      please ask – I don't want you to miss out because you did not ask a
      question!

      To place your order for the Southwest Home Educators Association's
      2nd Annual Not Back to School Days at Disneyland field trip and
      family vacation, please visit our website:
      http://www.southwest-home-education.com

      Don't forget about the Amateur Talent Show and welcome dinner on
      Monday, September 15th! One more thing: You DO NOT have to be a
      member of SHEA to attend any of this!

      Sincerely,
      Dianne McLean
      Director, Southwest Home Educators Association