Re: [lascruceshomeschool] Re: public school socializing

  • Lisa Jo Elliott
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 1, 2008
      Yippee! We took Iggy out of school today!! He's a homeschooling dude
      once again! You all gave us the push we needed and excellent advice. I'm
      sure you'll see more of Floyd and Iggy at the park.

      If anyone is interested in Earthscouts, we have a yahoo group now.

      Right now, we have three families (about 7 kids). Our first event will
      be on February 9th when we learn about chickens and chicken keeping. If
      you're interested, please join the yahoo group above and come to an
      event. The facilitators are Nora and Jon Simmons, Renee Beltran and
      Floyd and I.

      If you aren't familiar with EarthScouts, their homepage is at
      www.earthscouts.org

      Lisa Jo
    • Jhana Morrow
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 1, 2008
        Very cool,  we are waiting for you all to join LEHEA.

        http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/EarthScout sSNM

        Right now, we have three families (about 7 kids). Our first event will
        be on February 9th when we learn about chickens and chicken keeping. If
        you're interested, please join the yahoo group above and come to an
        event. The facilitators are Nora and Jon Simmons, Renee Beltran and
        Floyd and I.

        If you aren't familiar with EarthScouts, their homepage is at
        www.earthscouts. org

        Lisa Jo
        begin:vcard
        fn:Lisa Jo Elliott
        n:Elliott;Lisa Jo
        org:New Mexico State University;Psychology
        adr:;;PO Box 30001/MSC 3452;Las Cruces;NM;88003;U.S.A.
        email;internet:lelliott@...
        title:PhD Student
        tel;work:(505) 646-2502
        tel;fax:(505) 646-6212
        x-mozilla-html:FALSE
        version:2.1
        end:vcard

      • Cassandra Estes
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 1, 2008
          We will join the Earthscouts too... My husband used to raise chickens "FFA."
          If you are interested he can talk to the kids for a little bit about them.
          This Spring we are going to be ordering some chickens and ducks for our farm.

          Cheers,
          Cass