Re: [lascruceshomeschool] Re: public school socializing

  • Larson
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 1, 2008
      I'm thinking we MIGHT know you... it might be you that my girls always chat with about the adorable rodents you keep on your desk!

      Thanks! If you ever make it up to Alamo, stop by the library, I'm usually there at the Children's desk.
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 1, 2008

        That would probably be me! We have a giant African millipede now, too. I'm Ami, with the long curly brown hair, and sometimes there is Amanda, with the straight blonde hair and the cute little baby bump (but don't mention it, because she's still coming to grips with the gaining weight thing!)

        To: lascruceshomeschool@yahoogroups.com
        From: cassieandmom@...
        Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 06:54:12 -0800

        <amisegna1@. ..> wrote:

> [...]
        more than he actually gets in the school setting. If you still have
        questions, feel free to contact Marguerite Quinones at Central
        Office. She's over homeschoolers and she can give you some great
        information. She's a wonderful person and extremely helpful. Also,
        we'd love to have you and anyone else who might be interested join
        our group.http:/ /groups.yahoo. com/group/ LEHEA/--- In
        lascruceshomeschool @yahoogroups. com, Lisa Jo Elliott <lelliott@>
        wrote:>> Hi all,> I'm new here. My husband (Floyd) and I are
        considering pulling my son > out of first grade and homeschooling
        him for the rest of the year. > Somewhere I heard that you could do
        a 50/50 split where you homeschool > in the morning and the child
        attends the afternoon session of the public > school to maintain
        friendships. Does anyone know about this and how it > is done?>

      • summer watts
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 1, 2008
          tomorow there is a cat in the hat event at club fussion in las cruces its free and they give out books too. last year we did this and had loads of fun

          To: lascruceshomeschool @yahoogroups. com
          From: cassieandmom@ yahoo.com
          Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 06:54:12 -0800

          <amisegna1@. ..> wrote:

> [...]
          more than he actually gets in the school setting. If you still have
          questions, feel free to contact Marguerite Quinones at Central
          Office. She's over homeschoolers and she can give you some great
          information. She's a wonderful person and extremely helpful. Also,
          we'd love to have you and anyone else who might be interested join
          our group.http:/ /groups.yahoo. com/group/ LEHEA/--- In
          lascruceshomeschool @yahoogroups. com, Lisa Jo Elliott <lelliott@>
          wrote:>> Hi all,> I'm new here. My husband (Floyd) and I are
          considering pulling my son > out of first grade and homeschooling
          him for the rest of the year. > Somewhere I heard that you could do
          a 50/50 split where you homeschool > in the morning and the child
          attends the afternoon session of the public > school to maintain
          friendships. Does anyone know about this and how it > is done?>

        • Lisa Jo Elliott
          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 1, 2008
            Yippee! We took Iggy out of school today!! He's a homeschooling dude
            once again! You all gave us the push we needed and excellent advice. I'm
            sure you'll see more of Floyd and Iggy at the park.

            If anyone is interested in Earthscouts, we have a yahoo group now.

            Right now, we have three families (about 7 kids). Our first event will
            be on February 9th when we learn about chickens and chicken keeping. If
            you're interested, please join the yahoo group above and come to an
            event. The facilitators are Nora and Jon Simmons, Renee Beltran and
            Floyd and I.

            If you aren't familiar with EarthScouts, their homepage is at
            www.earthscouts.org

            Lisa Jo
          • Jhana Morrow
            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 1, 2008
              Very cool,  we are waiting for you all to join LEHEA.

              http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/EarthScout sSNM

              Right now, we have three families (about 7 kids). Our first event will
              be on February 9th when we learn about chickens and chicken keeping. If
              you're interested, please join the yahoo group above and come to an
              event. The facilitators are Nora and Jon Simmons, Renee Beltran and
              Floyd and I.

              If you aren't familiar with EarthScouts, their homepage is at
              www.earthscouts. org

              Lisa Jo
              begin:vcard
              fn:Lisa Jo Elliott
              n:Elliott;Lisa Jo
              org:New Mexico State University;Psychology
              adr:;;PO Box 30001/MSC 3452;Las Cruces;NM;88003;U.S.A.
              email;internet:lelliott@...
              title:PhD Student
              tel;work:(505) 646-2502
              tel;fax:(505) 646-6212
              x-mozilla-html:FALSE
              version:2.1
              end:vcard

            • Cassandra Estes
              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 1, 2008
                We will join the Earthscouts too... My husband used to raise chickens "FFA."
                If you are interested he can talk to the kids for a little bit about them.
                This Spring we are going to be ordering some chickens and ducks for our farm.

                Cheers,
                Cass