Re: [lascruceshomeschool] Re: public school socializing

  • Ami Segna
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 31, 2008
      Thanks! If you ever make it up to Alamo, stop by the library, I'm usually there at the Children's desk.
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 1, 2008
        I'm thinking we MIGHT know you... it might be you that my girls always chat with about the adorable rodents you keep on your desk!

        <amisegna1@. ..> wrote:

> [...]
        more than he actually gets in the school setting. If you still have
        questions, feel free to contact Marguerite Quinones at Central
        Office. She's over homeschoolers and she can give you some great
        information. She's a wonderful person and extremely helpful. Also,
        we'd love to have you and anyone else who might be interested join
        our group.http:/ /groups.yahoo. com/group/ LEHEA/--- In
        lascruceshomeschool @yahoogroups. com, Lisa Jo Elliott <lelliott@>
        wrote:>> Hi all,> I'm new here. My husband (Floyd) and I are
        considering pulling my son > out of first grade and homeschooling
        him for the rest of the year. > Somewhere I heard that you could do
        a 50/50 split where you homeschool > in the morning and the child
        attends the afternoon session of the public > school to maintain
        friendships. Does anyone know about this and how it > is done?>

      • AMI SEGNA
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 1, 2008

          That would probably be me! We have a giant African millipede now, too. I'm Ami, with the long curly brown hair, and sometimes there is Amanda, with the straight blonde hair and the cute little baby bump (but don't mention it, because she's still coming to grips with the gaining weight thing!)

          To: lascruceshomeschool@yahoogroups.com
          From: cassieandmom@...
          Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 06:54:12 -0800

          <amisegna1@. ..> wrote:

> [...]
          more than he actually gets in the school setting. If you still have
          questions, feel free to contact Marguerite Quinones at Central
          Office. She's over homeschoolers and she can give you some great
          information. She's a wonderful person and extremely helpful. Also,
          we'd love to have you and anyone else who might be interested join
          our group.http:/ /groups.yahoo. com/group/ LEHEA/--- In
          lascruceshomeschool @yahoogroups. com, Lisa Jo Elliott <lelliott@>
          wrote:>> Hi all,> I'm new here. My husband (Floyd) and I are
          considering pulling my son > out of first grade and homeschooling
          him for the rest of the year. > Somewhere I heard that you could do
          a 50/50 split where you homeschool > in the morning and the child
          attends the afternoon session of the public > school to maintain
          friendships. Does anyone know about this and how it > is done?>

        • summer watts
          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 1, 2008
            tomorow there is a cat in the hat event at club fussion in las cruces its free and they give out books too. last year we did this and had loads of fun

            To: lascruceshomeschool @yahoogroups. com
            From: cassieandmom@ yahoo.com
            Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 06:54:12 -0800

            <amisegna1@. ..> wrote:

> [...]
            more than he actually gets in the school setting. If you still have
            questions, feel free to contact Marguerite Quinones at Central
            Office. She's over homeschoolers and she can give you some great
            information. She's a wonderful person and extremely helpful. Also,
            we'd love to have you and anyone else who might be interested join
            our group.http:/ /groups.yahoo. com/group/ LEHEA/--- In
            lascruceshomeschool @yahoogroups. com, Lisa Jo Elliott <lelliott@>
            wrote:>> Hi all,> I'm new here. My husband (Floyd) and I are
            considering pulling my son > out of first grade and homeschooling
            him for the rest of the year. > Somewhere I heard that you could do
            a 50/50 split where you homeschool > in the morning and the child
            attends the afternoon session of the public > school to maintain
            friendships. Does anyone know about this and how it > is done?>

          • Lisa Jo Elliott
            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 1, 2008
              Yippee! We took Iggy out of school today!! He's a homeschooling dude
              once again! You all gave us the push we needed and excellent advice. I'm
              sure you'll see more of Floyd and Iggy at the park.

              If anyone is interested in Earthscouts, we have a yahoo group now.

              Right now, we have three families (about 7 kids). Our first event will
              be on February 9th when we learn about chickens and chicken keeping. If
              you're interested, please join the yahoo group above and come to an
              event. The facilitators are Nora and Jon Simmons, Renee Beltran and
              Floyd and I.

              If you aren't familiar with EarthScouts, their homepage is at
              www.earthscouts.org

              Lisa Jo
            • Jhana Morrow
              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 1, 2008
                Very cool,  we are waiting for you all to join LEHEA.

                http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/EarthScout sSNM

                Right now, we have three families (about 7 kids). Our first event will
                be on February 9th when we learn about chickens and chicken keeping. If
                you're interested, please join the yahoo group above and come to an
                event. The facilitators are Nora and Jon Simmons, Renee Beltran and
                Floyd and I.

                If you aren't familiar with EarthScouts, their homepage is at
                www.earthscouts. org

                Lisa Jo
                begin:vcard
                fn:Lisa Jo Elliott
                n:Elliott;Lisa Jo
                org:New Mexico State University;Psychology
                adr:;;PO Box 30001/MSC 3452;Las Cruces;NM;88003;U.S.A.
                email;internet:lelliott@...
                title:PhD Student
                tel;work:(505) 646-2502
                tel;fax:(505) 646-6212
                x-mozilla-html:FALSE
                version:2.1
                end:vcard

              • Cassandra Estes
                Message 7 of 16 , Feb 1, 2008
                  We will join the Earthscouts too... My husband used to raise chickens "FFA."
                  If you are interested he can talk to the kids for a little bit about them.
                  This Spring we are going to be ordering some chickens and ducks for our farm.

                  Cheers,
                  Cass