LEHEA Notebooking Club

  • Katherine
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 14, 2008
      Many thanks to Yvonne for organizing our Notebooking Club and to
      Sabrina for the inspiration. Today's first meeting was a big success
      and some of the kids have already decided what they want to their
      first notebook to be about. So, anyone out there with information or
      ideas they'd like to pass along concerning the alphabet, kitty cats
      and/or dinosaurs, please feel free! Maybe, as everyone decides what
      their notebook will be about, if you post it here, that will give
      others the opportunity to share as well.

      To start off, we did some research for websites that define
      Notebooking and give many excellent ideas. They are as follows:

      www.ignitethefire.com/fuel.html

      http://highland.hitcho.com.au/notebooking.htm

      http://highland.hitcho.com.au/Forms.htm

      www.homeschool.consumehelpweb.com/basics/notebooking-pages.htm

      www.homeschoolhelperonline.com/notebooking.htm
      (This site offers free notebooking pages)

      www.notebookingpages.com

      www.aplushomeschooling.com

      www.donnayoung.org

      www.war-eagles-air-museum.com
      (Click on fun stuff & WWII airplane coloring book)

      www.homeschooling.gomilpitas.com/articles
      (Click on notebooking article)

      www.jeanniefulbright.com/notebooking.html

      www.enchantedlearning.com

      www.south-african-homeschool-curriculum.com/free-printable-homeschool-
      worksheets.html

      (This website offers Family History and Pets History notebooking
      pages as well as famous people notebooking pages.)

      It may also be very beneficial to join the Notebooking group at Yahoo
      groups: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Notebooking. The group has
      roughly 2400 members. Read their description. They have also
      started another group (because they've maxed out their space) for
      files and photos, so you would probably want to join that group as
      well: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/notebookingfilesandphotos.

      If anyone else has any ideas or information to share, please post
      it.

      To our children's success!

      Katie
    • yduhigg
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 14, 2008
        Wow, wow and wow!!!!! I appreciate the acknowledgement of my
        organizing the Notebooking Club. Your welcome -- it is my
        pleasure. It is even more of a pleasure to see the enthusiasm by
        the fantastic participation in our first LEHEA Notebooking Club
        meeting and the follow-up immediately after. Thank you Katie and
        Sabrina for the compiling and informing us of the helpful websites.

        Sabrina, I do have to thank you for the inspiration. For those of
        you who weren't in on "how this all started": We would meet for
        park day; Sabrina would bring up notebooking; she would say more
        about notebooking; and then some more comments on notebooking.
        Finally I said "What in CAAAAAAARNATION is notebooking". I'm from
        New York so I probably said it a little differently. Her
        response: "Google It". The greatest advice she could have given.
        Of course more input and inspiration from Sabrina followed. It took
        a few months to finally plan a meeting – but here it is!

        Everyone, please keep sending any helpful information you can. I
        have been dubbed the "organizer" because (guess what?) I organize.
        I am going to put a notebook together on (guess
        what?) "notebooking". It will be a compilation of all that you are
        posting. I will put that notebook out at our monthly meetings for
        your review.

        Thank you for educating our future!!!

        Yvonne