Re: Thanks for all the help everyone!

  • Katherine
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 8, 2008
      Steve:

      You and your wife are doing the right thing. As parents, we have to
      do what is best for our kids (even if they don't appreciate it at the
      time), but involving your daughter in the homeschool decision and
      giving her power over that decision is good. If she is even the
      least bit resistant to homeschooling, you'll have such a rocky
      start. This way when you do begin, she won't be resentful or have
      any regrets.

      My son was ready but we did go through a period of mourning, so to
      speak. He missed the routine and he missed his friends. It was
      about two weeks before he finally seemed to settle in to not being in
      school. He still will sometimes say that he misses school but every
      time I offer to let him go back, he declines.

      Best of luck and we look forward to hearing from your family soon!

      Katie

      --- In lascruceshomeschool@yahoogroups.com, "sbneedl" <sbneedl@...>