In the spirit of sharing...

  • s_preville
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 8, 2007
      Since Katie was sweet enough to share some of her information with us,
      I thought I'd do the same thing. I sat down and took a look through my
      bookmarks and picked out the ones I turn to time and again. Hopefully,
      they'll prove as useful to other as they have to me.

      We practice notebooking (http://www.notebooking.org will tell you
      everything you need to get started and a search of yahoo groups will
      turn up a few groups dedicated to it)and unit studies so the links are
      obviously going to favor that approach. I'm also a worksheet junkie
      though so you might find the generators to be handy.

      Some of the links might be best suited for the lower grades since my
      oldest is only in 4th, but the nice thing about theme units is that you
      can really personalize the content for any age or ability. Plus, it's
      the only way I'd ever get anything done with the two dozen kids it
      feels like I have running around the house.
    • Katherine
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 8, 2007
        Thanks Sabrina! That is a great website. I never really took the
        time to learn about notebooking, I (incorrectly) assumed it was about
        journaling. I'm excited about using this technique. Thanks again.

        --- In lascruceshomeschool@yahoogroups.com, "s_preville"