My introduction

  • s_preville
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2007
      Hi there,

      I met a few of you this morning at the park, but for everyone else I
      thought I'd come out of lurking and say a little bit about myself. I
      am 28 years old. I have 4 boys (9,6,4,and almost 3 months) and a
      husband. We relocated to NM from Kansas and before that we were a
      military family and lived most recently in Ft. Meade, MD.

      This is our 4th year homeschooling. We've never really done the
      public school thing. My 6 year old had a brief foray into "real"
      school for speech therapy, but it just didn't mesh well with all the
      activities we had going on for my 9 year old so we ended up pulling
      him out. And that's about as much hands on experience I've ever had
      with it. So I won't be a lot of help with those who make the
      transition, but I'm great for talking out all your options.

      Talking is my strong point. Just don't ask me to remember the
      difference between macrame and paper mache. Jeez. Telling people you
      want to make a "macrame volcano" gets you some strange looks, lol.

      Anyway, I'm easy to get along with and game for just about anything.
      If anyone comes up with any field trip ideas, projects, or just wants
      to do a playdate, I'm totally game. I have minivan and a herd of
      kids and I'm not afraid to travel.

      For those of you I met this morning, I had a great time and Elijah
      can't stop talking about his new friends. Thanks for being so
      welcoming. It's nice to get out of the house and meet some people.
      Forget about the kids needing to be socialized, I'm the one that
      really hurts when we don't see people.

      Sabrina