HELM Travel

  • leticia_werner
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23, 2007
      Hello,

      My name is Lara Chartier and I home school our three children,
      Cameron (11), Donovan (9) and Carol (6).

      We take many trips both local and across the states mostly in the
      name of educational pursuits. Traveling with a family can become
      very expensive, but we have been blessed with the ability to find
      other families that are willing to trade homes for a few days or
      even a week. This has allowed us to travel with relatively little
      expense.

      It was during our trip in June from Kansas City , MO to Baltimore ,
      MD my oldest son gave me an incredible idea to organize something I
      have been doing for years on a larger scale..... Exchange homes with
      fellow home schooling families to further the education of our
      children. You can see our children on the "About Us" page from that
      very trip.

      We began HELM Travel (www.HELMTravel.com).

      It is an acronym for Home Educated Learn More while Traveling.

      We are organizing a pool of families that are looking to enrich
      their children's education through hands-on learning experiences or
      just to take a trip to enjoy family time together. Home schooling
      families will exchange their primary residence, a second/vacation
      home, maybe even a timeshare that isn't being used OR a your can
      choose to host another family in your home rather than exchanging
      during one, two or three pre-designated dates. You can even exchange
      in the spring and host in the fall.

      Dates for 2008:

      April 20th – 27th (Spring)

      June 20th- 27th (Summer)

      September 20th – 27th (Fall)

      Home Exchange is a fantastic way to reduce travel costs, promote
      goodwill and develop long lasting friendships. This is your chance
      to create a trip of a lifetime, spend some time panning for gold in
      Coloma, discover the real story of the Pony Express in St. Joseph or
      learn about the Civil War in Atlanta . Big City or Small Town ,
      there is opportunity at every corner.

      Check our website www.HELMTravel.com to find out additional
      information.

      Thank you very much for your time and attention.

      This is a grassroots effort, so spread the word or in this case our
      web address. If you need flyers, just let me know, I can mail flyers
      or send a Word document. The more families that sign up, means the
      more choices of destinations for everyone.

      Let's Explore, Experience and Educate Together!

      Sincerely,

      Lara Chartier, Owner

      www.HELMTravel.com

      816-525-5659