FEE WAIVERS TO NATIONAL PARKS AND MONUMENTS

  • GARY D WERNER
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18, 2007
      Homeschoolers:  Here's something we might consider doing as a group, that is, if we have enough people who would like to go (considering extent of mileage to National Park, and if they'll waive the fee).

      From Ann Zeise at the  A2Zhomeschool@ yahoogroups. com

      I don't usually post links to the Yahoo Group, but this one is so
      timely, I just had to tell you:

      Homeschool families and even small groups of homeschoolers can get fee
      waivers to National Parks and Monuments, but you have to plan and
      apply in advance.

      This blog explains how....
      <http://homeschoolra ngers.wordpress. com/2007/ 07/13/park- fee-waivers- for-homeschoolin g-families- yes/

      The homeschool dad who is keeping this blog promises me he'll keep it
      going with loads of ideas on how to make your trip to a national park
      fun and educational.

      Have any of you visited a National park this summer or plan to do so
      soon? Let's exchange our adventures and plans.

      We used to go to Yosemite in the fall with two other homeschool
      families. The waterfalls were mostly dried up, but so were the crowds.
      You can see the "gang" on my pages about Bodie, the ghost town we
      visited not far from Yosemite one trip.
      http://homeschoolin g.gomilpitas. com/articles/ 103100.htm

      Ann Zeise
      A to Z Home's Cool