Field Trip Date for the EL PASO ZOO

  • leticia_werner
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13, 2007

      Hello Guys,  We are setting up a Field trip to El Paso Zoo on Monday, July 23, 2007.   Please let me know if you can make it.  So I may look out for you.  We will be meeting at the Gas Station/Pic Quick on University Street across NMSU @ 8:30 A.M.  Please bring Water/Hats/SPF LOTION and Lunch/Snacks so we can eat out there at the zoo.  Looking forward to seeing you there.

      Leticia Werner

      Homeschool Mom to Lenora Werner

      Photo Gallery: Click on the numbers to see a different Picture.

      Cleaning house this week? Check out the Zoo's wish list.

      The El Paso Zoo is a member of the American Zoo and Aquarium Association (AZA).   AZA envisions a world where all people respect, value and conserve animals and nature. Look for the AZA logo whenever you visit a zoo or aquarium as your assurance that you are supporting a facility dedicated to providing excellent care for animals, a great experience for you, and a better future for all living things. With its more than 200 accredited members, AZA is a leader in global wildlife conservation, and your link to helping animals in their native habitats.

      The El Paso Zoo is an eighteen-acre home to about 240 species of animals. Approximately 500 mammals, reptiles, amphibians and birds, 700 fish and 500 invertebrates live in a variety of natural habitat exhibits including a Reptile House, South American Pavilion, Americas Aviary, Cisneros Paraje, Birds of Prey, American Biome, Forest Atrium, Asian Grasslands, Asian Endangered Walk, and an Elephant Complex. .

      4001 E. Paisano El Paso, TX 79905-4223
      Open daily at 9:30 a.m.

      Winter Hours of Operation
      Sunday through Saturday
      Admission Gate Hours
      9:30am - 4:00pm

      Summer Hours of Operation
      First Sunday in April to Last Saturday in October
      Admission Gate Hours
      Mon-Fri 9:30am - 4:00pm
      Sat-Sun 9:30am - 5:00pm

      Presentations are subject to cancellation without notice.
      Because our exhibits are always changing some animals may not be on exhibit when you come to the Zoo.

      Driving Directions

      From Interstate 10 take the
      Paisano exit. Head south west on Paisano and follow the signs to the El Paso Zoo entrance across from the El Paso County Coliseum.
      If you are coming from Downtown El Paso traveling on Paisano,the El Paso Zoo entrance will be on the left as you pass Chamizal National Memorial and go under the freeway underpass.

      Open daily at 9:30 a.m.
      Ticket booth closes at 4:00 p.m.

      El Paso Zoo 2006-7 Holiday Schedule
      The El Paso Zoo will be closed on the following days during the holidays:
      November 23, December 24, 25, 31 and January 1.

      Individual advance tickets are available for sale in quantities of 1-49 at the Zoo's ticket booth. Zoo tickets make great gifts any time of the year and also work nicely as employee incentive awards. For more information on tickets in quantities of 50 and above plus quantity discounts call 521-1850 or e-mail elpasozoo@....

      School Group Reservation Policy                   School Group Reservation Application

      Zoological Society Members ..................Free
      Learn more about Zoological Society Membership

      Home | Zoo Info | The Animals | Kids Page | Education | Events | Membershi