New in Las Cruces Homeschooling

  • starmom00
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 20 9:45 AM
      Hi,
      We are new to Las Cruces and are homeschooling. Are there any groups
      in the Las Cruces area to join ? I am homeschooling a 10 year old, 8
      year old, (3 year old sort of). And possibly some of my older children
      depending on the local schools. Any opinions of the private schools
      would be appreciated. The children are smart and get bored easily.. a
      blessing and a curse. We would love to be part of a local group, we
      need to make some friends on this side of the country.

      thanks
      starmom00
    • leticiawerner
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 21 9:21 AM
        I recently joined a homeschool group and have attended 2 events. The
        group is organized by Diana, and the website address is:
        http://www.meetup.com/

        Hope to see you around.

        Leticia Werner
      • ritajunk@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 27 6:46 AM
          Hi Leticia,
          I joined the meetup and then for some reason I was removed from the meetup.
          I have no idea why.  Is she closing the group ?   Actually most of my children and husband are
          already living in our rental in LC and next week we close on a house.  Tomorrow I am flying down
          with the rest of the gang.  Our rental is in Sonoma Ranch.  I would love to meet more homeschoolers.

          take care,
          Rita

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 4, 2007
            Hi Rita,  Yes, all members in this meetup were removed because Diana, the organizer is moving to the East Coast.  I had just joined myself and attended only two meetups.  I was real sorry to see it close.  There is another forming, but I think the group is for all children homeschooled or not.  I'll email you again for the correct address on this group.

            I would like to get a homeschool group going but I'm sort of in limbo at the moment without a house of my own.  We're trying to sell our home in Albuquerque and buy one here.  So we're traveling back and forth to Albuq. on weekends and in Las Cruces during the week.

            How many children do you homeschool?  I've got only one, she's 8 years old.

            Hope to meet you and your children.