Re: New Girl in Town

  • leticiawerner
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 30 8:27 AM
      Hi Rachel,

      It's going to be tough looking for property, since the price of
      property in the Valley is very high for our price range. We're
      looking for something comprobable to what we now have south of
      Albuquerque. We were in Las Cruces this weekend and found beautiful
      property in San Miguel. It's going for 32K/acre. While in Mesilla
      Park, 2-acres are hard to find and too high in price, 1-acre
      lot/70k, and still have to build your own house. The east part of
      Las Cruces is nice, but I really have my heart set on the Valley by
      the Rio Grande. I grew up in Stahmann's Farms just south of Las
      Cruces with all the pecan orchards surrounding me and the river
      within walking distance. My parents have 2 acres in Mesilla Park
      with a pecan orchard, and I really love it out there. We've got
      alot of searching to do.

      I doubt your neighbors would complain about animals like your goats,
      and chickens. I would advise you not to put any pigs though, they
      are pretty stinky. My current neighbor has pigs and a portion of
      our property is extremely foul smelling with flies galore. The
      steer, goat, and chickens are fine but the pigs are pretty awful.
      The stinch smell travels far.

      I know the homeschool groups here in Albuquerque and surrounding
      areas are huge. They have so many things going, it's unbelievable.
      I do hope we can connect with more groups out there in Cruces.

      Leticia