Home School Park Day

  • yduhigg
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 29, 2007
      Rachel,

      Thanks for the information. I have joined the Las Cruces Homeschool
      Playgroup Meet up and have noticed their calendar has a lot of
      activities. I don't want to duplicate efforts, so I am going to hold
      off on starting a Park Day and see if Diana needs any help in getting
      more participation in her meet ups.

      Yvonne
    • roquemoma
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 30, 2007
        Great! And I volunteered to host an activity out here at my house so
        the kids can play with our chicks and goats, so maybe I'll meet you
        when that happens.
        Rachel

        > Thanks for the information. I have joined the Las Cruces Homeschool
        > Playgroup Meet up and have noticed their calendar has a lot of
        > activities. I don't want to duplicate efforts, so I am going to hold
        > off on starting a Park Day and see if Diana needs any help in getting
        > more participation in her meet ups.
        >
        > Yvonne

      • leticiawerner
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 30, 2007
          Hi Rachel,

          It's going to be tough looking for property, since the price of
          property in the Valley is very high for our price range. We're
          looking for something comprobable to what we now have south of
          Albuquerque. We were in Las Cruces this weekend and found beautiful
          property in San Miguel. It's going for 32K/acre. While in Mesilla
          Park, 2-acres are hard to find and too high in price, 1-acre
          lot/70k, and still have to build your own house. The east part of
          Las Cruces is nice, but I really have my heart set on the Valley by
          the Rio Grande. I grew up in Stahmann's Farms just south of Las
          Cruces with all the pecan orchards surrounding me and the river
          within walking distance. My parents have 2 acres in Mesilla Park
          with a pecan orchard, and I really love it out there. We've got
          alot of searching to do.

          I doubt your neighbors would complain about animals like your goats,
          and chickens. I would advise you not to put any pigs though, they
          are pretty stinky. My current neighbor has pigs and a portion of
          our property is extremely foul smelling with flies galore. The
          steer, goat, and chickens are fine but the pigs are pretty awful.
          The stinch smell travels far.

          I know the homeschool groups here in Albuquerque and surrounding
          areas are huge. They have so many things going, it's unbelievable.
          I do hope we can connect with more groups out there in Cruces.

          Leticia