Re: New Girl in Town

  • roquemoma
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 28 8:57 AM
      Oops, it looks like I should have addressed my last post to Yvette, not
      Leticia. Well this is a reply to Leticia. I'm sure my girls will love
      to meet your daughter. You said you'd like to have some goats and
      chickens, do you have a property picked out yet? What area of town are
      you looking at? We live behind A mountain, and while animals are
      allowed here, not very many of our neighbors have them, so we hope
      nobody complains about us. I hear rumours that there are other
      homeschooling families that live out here, but I haven't been able to
      find them yet. We look forward to meeting you guys!
      Rachel
    • yduhigg
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 29 1:18 PM
        Rachel,

        Thanks for the information. I have joined the Las Cruces Homeschool
        Playgroup Meet up and have noticed their calendar has a lot of
        activities. I don't want to duplicate efforts, so I am going to hold
        off on starting a Park Day and see if Diana needs any help in getting
        more participation in her meet ups.

        Yvonne
      • roquemoma
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 30 7:49 AM
          Great! And I volunteered to host an activity out here at my house so
          the kids can play with our chicks and goats, so maybe I'll meet you
          when that happens.
          Rachel

          > Thanks for the information. I have joined the Las Cruces Homeschool
          > Playgroup Meet up and have noticed their calendar has a lot of
          > activities. I don't want to duplicate efforts, so I am going to hold
          > off on starting a Park Day and see if Diana needs any help in getting
          > more participation in her meet ups.
          >
          > Yvonne

        • leticiawerner
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 30 8:27 AM
            Hi Rachel,

            It's going to be tough looking for property, since the price of
            property in the Valley is very high for our price range. We're
            looking for something comprobable to what we now have south of
            Albuquerque. We were in Las Cruces this weekend and found beautiful
            property in San Miguel. It's going for 32K/acre. While in Mesilla
            Park, 2-acres are hard to find and too high in price, 1-acre
            lot/70k, and still have to build your own house. The east part of
            Las Cruces is nice, but I really have my heart set on the Valley by
            the Rio Grande. I grew up in Stahmann's Farms just south of Las
            Cruces with all the pecan orchards surrounding me and the river
            within walking distance. My parents have 2 acres in Mesilla Park
            with a pecan orchard, and I really love it out there. We've got
            alot of searching to do.

            I doubt your neighbors would complain about animals like your goats,
            and chickens. I would advise you not to put any pigs though, they
            are pretty stinky. My current neighbor has pigs and a portion of
            our property is extremely foul smelling with flies galore. The
            steer, goat, and chickens are fine but the pigs are pretty awful.
            The stinch smell travels far.

            I know the homeschool groups here in Albuquerque and surrounding
            areas are huge. They have so many things going, it's unbelievable.
            I do hope we can connect with more groups out there in Cruces.

            Leticia