was: trying to make contact... now Goats

  • roquemoma
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2007
      >Do you know anyone in the area with pygmy goats? We have twin girls,
      >about eight weeks old (SO cute!) and we want to find a male to breed
      them with

      I do know of a homeschooling family who lives about an hour south of El
      Paso who raises pygmy goats, I don't know whether they do breeding or
      not. Her name is Jeanette, and her email is angels4animals@....
      We're on the lookout for potential breeders for our Nigerian dwarf girl
      when the time comes. We're getting one girl, and one whether to keep
      her company.

      >How do the Nigerian dwarf goats compare, as far as size?

      Nigerians top out at just under 2 ft, and I guess tend to be more
      slender than Pygmies. They're bred more for just milk, whereas Pygmies
      can also be raised as meat goats.

      Rachel