Friday's co-op

  • Melani
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 12, 2005
      Hi, I just wanted to let you all know that the co-op that I've been
      going to with Brishen is meeting this Friday at 10:30 at the Mesilla
      Park Rec. Center. Most of your kids aren't yet school-age, but you
      may want to check it out to see if it is something you will want to
      be a part of in the future. There is a lot of play time and some
      sit down time while a parent teaches a concept or leads arts and
      crafts.

      I've just gone for the last couple months, and the first month, a
      mom taught the younger kids about colors. She led the kids in three
      different activities, where they mixed colors (play dough, paint on
      a coffee filter, and food coloring with water and oil to make their
      own paper). It was very nice.

      Last month, the kids decorated eggs, had an egg roll, and also a
      mother hosted a tea party, set in 1812. Some of the kids dressed up,
      and they talked about Dolly Madison. The different ages got
      different things out of it, but they all had fun.

      I have no idea what is planned for this month.

      Also tomorrow is another PE day at Spitz park at 11am. My husband
      usually takes my son, since my daughter often is napping at that
      time. They played kick ball on Monday.

      Melani