Re: anybody still out there? and, goats!

  • Theresa
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 7, 2007
      We're still in (and hoping to get together with homeschooled teens) or
      maybe plan some all-age family hikes to mountains this spring...
      interested???
      Good luck finding goats... I vaguely remember something about someone
      having milkgoats...I'll keep my eyes and ears open for you.

      Theresa

      --- In lascruceshomeschool@yahoogroups.com, "amisegna" <amisegna1@...>

      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 12, 2007
        Hi everyone!

        We are still here.

        We don't have any goats, but we have black baby bunnies that we are
        trying to find homes for. They are three weeks old and will be ready
        to adopt in 2 more weeks.

        -- Bruce

        --- In lascruceshomeschool@yahoogroups.com, "Theresa"
        <cassieandmom@...> wrote:

        > We're still in (and hoping to get together with homeschooled teens) or
        > maybe plan some all-age family hikes to mountains this spring...
        > interested???
        > Good luck finding goats... I vaguely remember something about someone
        > having milkgoats...I'll keep my eyes and ears open for you.
        >
        > Theresa
        >
        > --- In lascruceshomeschool@yahoogroups.com, "amisegna" <amisegna1@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Did we disband the group and I didn't get the message? Or is
        > everyone
        > > just super busy??
        > >
        > > Anyway, I remember someone on this list had pygmy goats...would that
        > > person please contact me? amisegna1@ Thanks!

      • roquemoma
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 12, 2007
          We would like to acquire some pygmy goats this spring, and also make
          some friends who have some goats so we know who to turn to with
          questions:) Let me know if you have any luck locating any.
          Thanks,
          Rachel
        • roquemoma
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 12, 2007
            > maybe plan some all-age family hikes to mountains this spring...
            > interested???

            We don't have teens but we'd be interested in some all age family hikes
            to the mountains. There's a BLM trail about a mile up the road from
            our house, there's a 2 mile loop and a 3 mile loop, and it's a
            beautiful hike.
            Thanks,
            Rachel
          • roquemoma
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 12, 2007
              What kind of bunnies are they?
              Rachel
            • cassieandmom
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 12, 2007
                Trail sounds wonderful. As weather warms, count us in!!!
                And re: goats There's a texas homeschool family with pygmy goats.
                Might want to contact them directly - we don't know them well.
                Their email is angels4animals@...

                at --- In lascruceshomeschool@yahoogroups.com, "roquemoma"

                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 14, 2007
                  The bunnies are all black in color. I believe they are black New
                  Zealand rabbits, but I can't be sure. A graduate student found the
                  mother in his yard, but could keep her and so we adopted her. About a
                  week later she gave birth to the bunnies.

                  We took them to the doctor for a check up last week. They are all
                  healthy and we found out that rabbits can be spayed or neutered.

                  Our two kids love holding the baby rabbits. They are very cute and
                  soft and used to being handled now (even by our toddler).

                  Let me know if you have any other questions,

                  Bruce

                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 14, 2007
                    Count us in for the all ages hike!

                    It sounds great!

                    Bruce

                    <teachingmama8@...> wrote:

                    > > maybe plan some all-age family hikes to mountains this spring...
                    > > interested???
                    >
                    > We don't have teens but we'd be interested in some all age family hikes
                    > to the mountains. There's a BLM trail about a mile up the road from
                    > our house, there's a 2 mile loop and a 3 mile loop, and it's a
                    > beautiful hike.
                    > Thanks,
                    > Rachel

                  • amisegna
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 14, 2007
                      Hmm - for some reason, my messages were bouncing, so I just got this.
                      We found a lady in town who has several new babies, and we just bought
                      two. There is nothing cuter than one-week-old pygmy goats! Of course,
                      we couldn't take them yet, but that's okay because our pen needs a
                      major overhaul! Her name is Sharon and her phone # is 921-1909