New Member Intro

  • roquemoma
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 12 11:51 AM
      Hi my name is Rachel and our family will be moving to Las Cruces in
      November. We currently live in Las Vegas, NV and can't wait to get to
      a smaller friendlier place. I have three children, dd 7, dd 6, ds 2.
      We are eclectic homeschoolers, I love to research things to death, so
      I draw inspiration from many sources- Waldorf, Charlotte Mason, Well
      Trained Mind, Thomas Jefferson Education, and most recently David
      Albert's "And the Skylark Sings with Me". We're more or less
      following the AmblesideOnline readings and schedule (Charlotte Mason)
      with Story of the World and First Language Lessons (Well Trained
      Mind). We use Making Math Meaningful, which I LOVE, Rosetta Stone for
      Spanish, and the kids have lots of time for imaginative play with
      handmade dolls and hand dyed silks and a few choice wooden toys-
      probably the most lasting echo of my Waldorf phase. We (my husband
      and I) try to lead by example, reading classics by ourselves and to
      the kids, and always learning new things ourselves (Thomas Jefferson).

      We have a couple of chickens in our teeny tiny yard here in Las Vegas,
      and we're hoping to be able to find a place where we can add more
      chickens, some goats, and maybe later a horse and cow. We've already
      been househunting on Realtor.com, but if anyone knows of anything
      under $250,000 fitting that description let me know.

      It looks like you guys have some neat things going on, and I can't
      wait to join you. It helps my kids to be able to tell them some of
      the activities they can expect when they get there, so they have
      something to look forward to.
      Thanks,
      Rachel