Story of The World History Co-op For Fall

  • Amissa Burton
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 13 4:02 PM
      I will be hosting a Story of the World Volume 1 History based co-op in the fall.  It will be once a month and project oriented.  In other words we'll get together and do those messy, unusual art supply projects that we tend to skip over at home.  All ages are welcome as long as they have the the skill levels to participate.  If you're interested, please join my Yahoo group here:
      Or email me at foodietx@... for more info.
      Thank you,
      Amissa Burton

      **Amissa- Yoga Addicted, Homeschooling Mommy of 2**
           "Minds, like parachutes, function best when open."
      Lilypie Baby Ticker
       Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 31 6:06 PM
        We are not using SOTW for our history.  Would the co-op still be OK for DS 7?  We are reading Hillyer's "Child's History of the World" and doing Ancient Egypt from Veritas Press, so we are doing history, just not that history.

        Thanks,

        Melani
      • Amissa Burton
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 31 9:07 PM
          You do not have to be using SOTW to enjoy the co-op.  We will be addressing a different ancient civilization each month for our project themes based on the SOTW Vol. 1 Timeline and use projects from the SOTW activity guide.  We are actually visiting Egypt in both Spring and Fall due to the placement in SOTW and the amount of projects for that subject!  However, I don't think you have to be reading SOTW to get benefit from it as it is going to be project based.  I'm just using SOTW to plan the schedule and material and b/c we are using it at home, plus I wanted to supplement what we do at home (since I really don't want to make mud bricks and such all by ourselves! ha ha)
          Amissa

          http://mail.yahoo.com