RE: [lascruceshomeschool] New Member Intro

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 27, 2006
      Welcome, Amissa! I have a 7-year-old DS and a 2-year-old DD. They will be
      turning 8 and 3 in September. It sounds like you know how to keep yourself
      busy! Those are some great co-op plans. We are in a co-op that does
      twice-a-week PE, monthly field trips, and monthly co-ops. It is very laid
      back. Keep us informed of all your plans!

      Melani
    • roquemoma
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 12, 2006
        Hi my name is Rachel and our family will be moving to Las Cruces in
        November. We currently live in Las Vegas, NV and can't wait to get to
        a smaller friendlier place. I have three children, dd 7, dd 6, ds 2.
        We are eclectic homeschoolers, I love to research things to death, so
        I draw inspiration from many sources- Waldorf, Charlotte Mason, Well
        Trained Mind, Thomas Jefferson Education, and most recently David
        Albert's "And the Skylark Sings with Me". We're more or less
        following the AmblesideOnline readings and schedule (Charlotte Mason)
        with Story of the World and First Language Lessons (Well Trained
        Mind). We use Making Math Meaningful, which I LOVE, Rosetta Stone for
        Spanish, and the kids have lots of time for imaginative play with
        handmade dolls and hand dyed silks and a few choice wooden toys-
        probably the most lasting echo of my Waldorf phase. We (my husband
        and I) try to lead by example, reading classics by ourselves and to
        the kids, and always learning new things ourselves (Thomas Jefferson).

        We have a couple of chickens in our teeny tiny yard here in Las Vegas,
        and we're hoping to be able to find a place where we can add more
        chickens, some goats, and maybe later a horse and cow. We've already
        been househunting on Realtor.com, but if anyone knows of anything
        under $250,000 fitting that description let me know.

        It looks like you guys have some neat things going on, and I can't
        wait to join you. It helps my kids to be able to tell them some of
        the activities they can expect when they get there, so they have
        something to look forward to.
        Thanks,
        Rachel