Re: [lascruceshomeschool] new to the group

  • AMI SEGNA
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 25 1:06 PM
      Las Cruces has an administrator for public schooling? What does that mean?
      Alamogordo will barely admit it exists!

    • ekcfrench@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 25 1:59 PM

        In the Las Cruces Public School District homeschooling falls under Special Education and there is a woman who is over  homeschooling

        From: "AMI SEGNA" <amisegna1@...>

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 25 4:36 PM
          I'm curious, what does she do? Does she help with resources, etc.? There's
          such an antagonistic attitude here, it is nice to hear that's not all of NM.
          I know Senator Rawson, who I believe is Cruces, homeschools his kids, so
          that may have something to do with it!

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 26 10:41 AM
            Her name is Marguerite Quinones.  She was my son's speech therapist and case manager (he's Special Ed.) when he was in private school here in 2001 & 2002.  She's a warm and extremely helpful woman.  (Her own children are in private schools!)

            I'm really not sure what she can offer as this is a brand new position for her.  If you want to contact her, she's in the Special Ed. Dept. at Central Office.  She will do her best to help you.  She went out of her way to help my son and I went to her for advice (a lot!) when I was having problems with the public school system.  She's honest.

            Let me know how it goes!

            Katie French

            From: "AMI SEGNA" <amisegna1@...>