Introduction

  • desertrose68
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2006
      I just joined this group this AM and decided just this past weekend
      to homeschool my almost 13 year old daughter. I'm Rose, She's
      Danielle.
      Ever since my daughter entered middle school, it has been a
      nightmare. It seems that all of the students are expected to learn
      the same way and my daughter isn't like all the other kids. At
      school, she's bored, is around negative influences (peers) and has
      been rebeling not realizing that she is only hurting herself.
      She was an honor student all through elem. school until she entered
      middle school. Since then, she's lucky to have passed to the 7th
      grade. She works better 1:1 and in smaller groups. She is a hands
      on learner and works best when her questions are answered in a
      reasonable way. She is also a very good teacher and has alot to
      share.
      My hope is to meet others with children around the same age (12+).
      She's worried about being socially isolated. She is involved in
      dance and music. Leaving school will mean that she will have to
      leave band but I plan on having her continue through private
      lessons.
      My plan is to home school her to get her through middle school
      (she's in 7th grade now). She wants to attend Alma de Arte Charter
      high school and I know she will thrive there.
      I'm lucky that I work out of my home and have non-traditional
      hours. That allows me to be able to do some really cool things with
      my daughter.
      OK... I've rambled on. Any imput is apprecited and if you have a
      student 12+, i'd especially like to talk to you.
      Thanks.