  • desertrose68
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 3, 2006
      i don't think my intro message was posted. So here goes again:

      I'm Rose. I'm a single mom to Danielle, who will be 13 in June. I
      recently pulled her from public schools because I feel that she would
      do better in a smaller setting (she complains of the 20+ students in
      most of her classes).
      My plan is to home school her until she reaches high school then she
      will attend Alma de Arte Charter School.
      I hope to meet others who have children the same age. I weakness is
      math and science so I'd like to meet others who have strengths in that
      area. I want to do alot of hands on learning with her.
      I need to "unschool" her and would like some tips on that.
      I plan on our experience being very relaxed but fun.
      I am lucky to work out of my home and can offer a variety of fun and
      educational things for her to do.
      Would love to hear from others with teens who homeschool.
      Thanks.

      Rose & Danielle Wiseman
    • Renee Beltran
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 3, 2006
        Hi Rose!! *wave*

        If we can be any help, though I'm a long ways from the teen years, let me
        know.

        Renee, mom to Fionna and Grady

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • desertrose68
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 3, 2006
          Hi Renee!
          Thx for the welcome :)
          Say hi to the family from us! Dani loves Fionna!

          Rose

          --- In lascruceshomeschool@yahoogroups.com, "Renee Beltran"
          <reneebeltran1@...> wrote:

          > Hi Rose!! *wave*
          >
          > If we can be any help, though I'm a long ways from the teen years,
          let me
          > know.
          >
          > Renee, mom to Fionna and Grady

          3/31/2006

        • AMI SEGNA
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 3, 2006
            Hi Rose! I'm in Alamogordo, homeschooling my 16-year-old daughter. I'm also
            the youth services librarian in Alamo, so some days she comes to work with
            me. I get occasional weekdays off, so if you're ever up this way and want to
            do something together, let me know!

            Ami

            >From: "Renee Beltran" <reneebeltran1@...>
            >To: <lascruceshomeschool@yahoogroups.com>
            >Subject: RE: [lascruceshomeschool] (unknown)
            >Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 08:14:36 -0600
            >
            >Hi Rose!! *wave*
            >
            >If we can be any help, though I'm a long ways from the teen years, let me
            >know.
            >
            >Renee, mom to Fionna and Grady

          • desertrose68
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 3, 2006
              Hey! I got to alamogordo at least once a week for work. I was
              thinking of taking my daughter with me and dropping her off at the
              library while I do some home visits. It's never long. I'll look
              for you there :)
              Rose

              --- In lascruceshomeschool@yahoogroups.com, "AMI SEGNA"
              <amisegna1@...> wrote:

              > Hi Rose! I'm in Alamogordo, homeschooling my 16-year-old daughter.
              I'm also
              > the youth services librarian in Alamo, so some days she comes to
              work with
              > me. I get occasional weekdays off, so if you're ever up this way
              and want to
              > do something together, let me know!
              >
              > Ami
              >

              > >From: "Renee Beltran" <reneebeltran1@...>
              > >To: <lascruceshomeschool@yahoogroups.com>
              > >Subject: RE: [lascruceshomeschool] (unknown)
              > >Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 08:14:36 -0600
              > >
              > >Hi Rose!! *wave*
              > >
              > >If we can be any help, though I'm a long ways from the teen
              years, let me
              > >know.
              > >
              > >Renee, mom to Fionna and Grady

              3/31/2006

              > >Yahoo! Groups Links

            • AMI SEGNA
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 4, 2006
                Great! If she wants, she can sign up for our summer reading program in May -
                it runs through June and July, it's free, and even if she's not here for
                program days, she can get prizes for reading books.