Re: new member

    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 9, 2006
      Hi Ami,

      My daughter is 6 years old. We also go to a homeschool coop that
      meets at Mesilla Park Community Center on Bell on the third Friday of
      each month at 10:30 am. There are all ages, but not really any 16 and
      up as far as I recall, but if you are interested the March meeting is
      coming up soon (although it is quite a drive from Alamagordo).

      Bruce
      --- In lascruceshomeschool@yahoogroups.com, "ami segna"
      <amisegna1@...> wrote:

      > I am homeschooling my 16-year-old daughter. We do foster care and
      are hoping to adopt, we'll homeschool any kids we get long-term. There
      is a mix on our yahoo group, and I see all ages at the library, where
      I work.

      > Thanks for the welcome! How old are yours?

      Cruces to
      > > shop anyway!) Who knows, if we get a little bigger, maybe we can
      plan
      > > some things together! Looking forward to getting to know you all.

      auto insurance
      > Mexico dove hunting Call mexico Mexico dental care

      Service.

    • moonmomma55
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 6 1:08 PM
        Hi All,
        My name is melissa my huband and I will be homeschooling our 9 yr old
        this comming year. This is a new espereince for all of us, and we could
        really use some support, and some ideas. When and where are the monthly
        meeting held? I am really excited to meet all of you.
        Namastee,
        Melissa
      • roquemoma
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 9, 2007
          Melissa,
          I was searching through the archives of the LasCruchesHomeschool group
          looking for friendly sounding people and I found your email from last
          July that nobody seemed to have answered. I moved to Las Cruces last
          December and I'm having trouble finding other homeschoolers to hang out
          with. The two biggest groups are evangelical Christian and don't want
          me, and a third group I found doesn't really want new members. Luckily
          I found a really cool group in El Paso who are wonderful, but it would
          be nice to find some others up this way. The ladies in El Paso are
          also starting a Holistic Mamas group that you might be interested in.
          I have two girls ages 6 and 8, and a 3 year old boy. We've been
          homeschooling since birth. I'm into homebirth and all the natural
          stuff. If you'd like to get together email me or call me 522-5510.
          Thanks,
          Rachel
        • roquemoma
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 10, 2007
            I'm sorry, I thought I was privately emailing Melissa, I didn't mean to
            post this complaining sounding message to the loop. I was having a bit
            of a pity party one night this week, but I have a better perspective on
            it now. I think I've been so busy getting settled into our new home
            and getting started with our animals and stuff that I haven't followed
            up on the few connections I've found. I've been looking for an
            established group with regular activities that would just take me in
            with open arms, but it looks like maybe I should put more effort in,
            maybe plan some things myself.

            Is there interest out there in a regular park day? If people are
            interested I'll plan it. We also talked about doing an all ages family
            hike when the weather is nice. It's pretty nice now if we can avoid a
            windy day? Dripping springs has a nice picnic area, and a hiking trail
            that has benches every quarter of a mile. What day of the week would
            be good? Would anyone be interested in a Saturday hike so that dads/
            working spouses could come?
            Rachel
          • wakeupbenjy
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 12, 2007
              Hi RAchel- So the "All Faiths" group is "ALL Full?" if not, let me
              know, and I'll get you their contact info. I have them at work
              Heather-

              -- In lascruceshomeschool@yahoogroups.com, "roquemoma"

              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 20, 2007
                Hi Rachel,

                We would be interested in a park day or an all-ages hike.

                We homeschool a daughter (age 7) and have a son (age 2 1/2).

                What kind of animals do you have? We have a dog, a cat and 6 rabbits.

                Anyway let us know if you plan a park day and we will try to be there.
                The weather is great right now for one!

                Bruce

                <teachingmama8@...> wrote:

                > I'm sorry, I thought I was privately emailing Melissa, I didn't mean to
                > post this complaining sounding message to the loop. I was having a bit
                > of a pity party one night this week, but I have a better perspective on
                > it now. I think I've been so busy getting settled into our new home
                > and getting started with our animals and stuff that I haven't followed
                > up on the few connections I've found. I've been looking for an
                > established group with regular activities that would just take me in
                > with open arms, but it looks like maybe I should put more effort in,
                > maybe plan some things myself.
                >
                > Is there interest out there in a regular park day? If people are
                > interested I'll plan it. We also talked about doing an all ages family
                > hike when the weather is nice. It's pretty nice now if we can avoid a
                > windy day? Dripping springs has a nice picnic area, and a hiking trail
                > that has benches every quarter of a mile. What day of the week would
                > be good? Would anyone be interested in a Saturday hike so that dads/
                > working spouses could come?
                > Rachel

              • roquemoma
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 4, 2007
                  Hey Bruce,
                  We've been going through a cycle of the flu, and between that and
                  coping with the arrival of nearly 60 baby chicks I haven't been
                  checking my email diligently. My girls (ages 6 and 8) would love to
                  meet your daughter. We're going to be out of town this next week,
                  but when we get back I'll plan something.

                  Also, you asked about our animals. We have three adult laying hens,
                  the aforementioned 59 baby chicks, who are growing at an alarming
                  rate, two cats, and an Australian shepherd dog. While we are in Las
                  Vegas next week we're picking up two Nygerian dwarf goats from a
                  friend of ours, one girl and her brother, who is a whether (castrated
                  male). The girl we'll eventually milk, and her brother is just there
                  to keep her company. We'd like to add more goats later on, at least
                  one more to milk, and a couple of larger ones to train as pack goats,
                  and maybe a donkey or burro because they're supposed to be great
                  guard animals and coyotes are a concern for us. And of course the
                  kids would like a horse, but I need to work my way up. The chickens
                  are overwhelming enough for now, I can't imagine caring for an animal
                  as large as a horse, as fun as that would be.

                  I'll look forward to meeting you and your family!
                  Rachel
                • AMI SEGNA
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 4, 2007
                    Do you know anyone in the area with pygmy goats? We have twin girls, about
                    eight weeks old (SO cute!) and we want to find a male to breed them with -
                    but everyone in this area seems to be related! We got them from Sharon
                    Loveland in Boles Acres. How do the Nigerian dwarf goats compare, as far as
                    size?