bruce and mary

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 19, 2006
      Hi, Bruce and Mary. How did your Canada presentation go? I'm sorry we
      missed it, but Brishen had a fever and needed to stay close to home. Were
      there other country presentations?

      Melani
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 23, 2006
        Hi Melani,

        Sorry to hear that Brishen was ill. Hopefully, he's all better now.

        We had presentations on Japan and Canada and played some winter
        Olympic sports. Bobsledding with red wagons racing each other.
        Hockey with hockey sticks and balls. Etc.

        The Canada presentation went well. I showed off my winter coat that I
        would wear half the year and Penelope's snow pants. We talked about
        the money, government, a brief overview of the history, etc. It
        seemed to be well recieved and the kids asked some great questions.

        Thanks for asking,

        Bruce

        --- In lascruceshomeschool@yahoogroups.com, "Melani Daves Moore"
        <meldamo@...> wrote:

        > Hi, Bruce and Mary. How did your Canada presentation go? I'm sorry we
        > missed it, but Brishen had a fever and needed to stay close to home.
        Were
        > there other country presentations?
        >
        > Melani

      • desertrose68
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 3, 2006
          Hi Katie,
          Did you son go to Desert Hills?
          Rose

          --- In lascruceshomeschool@yahoogroups.com, ekcfrench@... wrote:

          > Hi!
          >
          > I decided to homeschool also after the death of my son's teacher,
          which he's really having a hard time accepting. I too have the
          books and lots of encouragement, but I'm lost as to where to begin
          and frightened that I'll mess it up. My son is 9, in 3rd grade
          (held back in 1st), and he has a speech delay. He's a great kid and
          could really benefit from some social interaction with other
          homeschooled kids. Does anyone have any words of wisdom?