Re: New Homeschooler

  • aerinsmammy
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 29, 2005
      I'm interested in the group activities - could you tell me if there
      is a field trip planned for this Friday (12/2)? Also, my daughter
      would love to go bowling with some others - where would we be able
      to meet up with the homeschoolers at the bowling alley? We went
      last month, but being a holiday, there were many school-aged
      children besides mine. Is P.E. still going on? We've been going to
      the park on Spitz but have been the only ones there.
      Thank you so much,
      Corinne D'Angina

      --- In lascruceshomeschool@yahoogroups.com, "Melani Daves Moore"
      <meldamo@c...> wrote:

      > These are the events I know of:
      >
      > 1st Friday-field trip (time and place varies)
      > 2nd Friday-bowling at Sun Lanes 12:30 until 2:30 for $3.50
      > 3rd Friday-co-op at 10am unitl 1:30ish at Mesilla Park Rec.
      Center, bring
      > sack lunch
      > **next week it starts at 9am because a lady is coming to
      speak about
      > India
      > Every Monday and Wednesday-PE from 11:45 until 12:30, usually at
      Spitz Park

      > PE usually includes preschoolers through teenagers. For all of
      the above
      > events, you are free to just show up.
      >
      > There is also an Evangelical Christian group that is very active.
      I don't
      > have their schedule. I know that they have sign ups soon for
      Spring

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 29, 2005
        There is a field trip this Friday at City of the Rocks. Everyone is meeting
        at the visitor's center at 1pm to watch a short film and then the kids will
        play. Some are going up early to eat a picnic lunch. I'm not sure yet if
        we are going.

        I've not been to the bowling alley, so I can't help you out there. You
        could probably ask at the front desk where the homeschool group is. PE
        this week (and last week) is at 3 Crosses Park, which is just a few minutes
        from Spitz park. They are meeting there to play basketball. After this
        week will be a break from PE for the holidays. There also won't be coop
        this month.

        I'm so sorry that you've had such a hard time finding people! I attend what
        I can, but my 2-year-old keeps us from PE a lot of the time. It's hard to
        keep her awake during that time of the day. Feel free to email me anytime
        you want an update!
      • aerinsmammy
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 29, 2005
          Thank you!! We're going to try to be there tomorrow for PE, and
          Friday's trip as well - I have an 11-month-old as well as a 5-year-
          old so things are sometimes hectic for me. Thanks for the
          information - and I hope Erin and I will meet you soon!
          Thanks,
          Corinne