Getting Started

  • aperea_mail
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2012
      I am considering homeschooling my six year old. Has anyone pulled a child out in the middle of the school year to homeschool? I was also wondering if other homeschoolers meet for social/educational activities?
    • homeschoollascruces
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 20, 2012
        While most people i know have started Home schooling at the start of a school year, i see no problem with taking them out at any time of the year...and to me the second best time would be at the Christmas break.

        The rules are the same, let the school know you are pulling the child from school, you do not have to give them a reason but if you have one you would like to share please let them know.

        Then with in thirty days visit the NM Public education department web site and search home school and you will find the electronic form used to "start" your homeschool. You have to re file by the first day of april every year if you plan on home schooling again the following school year.

        As for group, I am part of a group that meets most fridays at different parks to have a play time for the kids and a time for parents to talk and share.

        Message me and i can add you to the email list if you like. We are a Christian group but anyone is welcomed to come and hang out.

        --- In lascruceshomeschool@yahoogroups.com, "aperea_mail" <aperea_mail@...> wrote:

        > I am considering homeschooling my six year old. Has anyone pulled a child out in the middle of the school year to homeschool? I was also wondering if other homeschoolers meet for social/educational activities?

      • Amanda Perea
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 28, 2012
          Thanks for writing and for the invitation. I am officially beginning a homeschool now. I would love to be added to the email list to have an opportunity to get to know other homeschooling families.

          Amanda Perea