RE: [lascruceshomeschool] question about homeschooling in Las Cruces from a new person

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 13, 2005
      Hi, Holly. Although we are Christian (although I don't necessarily consider
      myself to be a Christian, but my husband is a pastor), we are definitely
      homeschooling for non-religious reasons and feel much more comfortable with
      non-religious homeschoolers than with those doing it for religious reasons.
      The co-op we participate in is not religious. I think many of the families
      that attend are Christian, however they do not do anything religious or
      cover religious topics in any way. I was also told that there are Buddhists
      and others that are part of the group. I honestly don't know who is who or
      what all beliefs are present since that isn't discussed.

      So I guess it depends if you want a group that doesn't include Christians or
      a group that doesn't focus on religion at their get-togethers.
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 13, 2005
        I know this isn't a religious forum, and we don't want to get into religion,
        but I wanted to clarify my comment about being a Christian. I feel weird
        that I said that I'm not necessarily a Christian. I just have complicated
        and emerging beliefs that are difficult to label. I don't fit the "mold,"
        so I feel strange using that label. Not that you all care. I just wanted
        to clarify a bit for my own sake.

        Melani
      • Holly & Ed
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 14, 2005
          --- In lascruceshomeschool@yahoogroups.com, "Melani Daves Moore"
          <meldamo@c...> wrote:

          Thanks for the response. I meant a group that does not require a
          belief in any particular religion to be part of the group. Thanks!

          Holly