Re: New Homeschooler

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 11, 2005
      Hi Tawny,

      There is a homeschool group that meets the 3rd week of each month on
      Friday (So next Friday the 18th is when they will meet). This month
      it will start at 9 am. They meet at the Mesilla Park Community Center
      on Bell St. There is a wide range of ages. I think my daughter
      (almost 6) is one of the youngest and the oldest are in their teens.

      This year they are learning about different nations in the world among
      other things. And have time to socialize/play with other homeschoolers.

      I won't be there, but my wife and daughter will be; so, maybe you will
      see them if you decide to go.

      Bruce

      --- In lascruceshomeschool@yahoogroups.com, Tawny Widmer
      <tawnyw19@y...> wrote:

      > Hi Bruce,
      >
      > My daughter is 11 almost 12. Any help is greatly appreciated.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Tawny

    • aerinsmammy
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 29, 2005
        I'm interested in the group activities - could you tell me if there
        is a field trip planned for this Friday (12/2)? Also, my daughter
        would love to go bowling with some others - where would we be able
        to meet up with the homeschoolers at the bowling alley? We went
        last month, but being a holiday, there were many school-aged
        children besides mine. Is P.E. still going on? We've been going to
        the park on Spitz but have been the only ones there.
        Thank you so much,
        Corinne D'Angina

        --- In lascruceshomeschool@yahoogroups.com, "Melani Daves Moore"
        <meldamo@c...> wrote:

        > These are the events I know of:
        >
        > 1st Friday-field trip (time and place varies)
        > 2nd Friday-bowling at Sun Lanes 12:30 until 2:30 for $3.50
        > 3rd Friday-co-op at 10am unitl 1:30ish at Mesilla Park Rec.
        Center, bring
        > sack lunch
        > **next week it starts at 9am because a lady is coming to
        speak about
        > India
        > Every Monday and Wednesday-PE from 11:45 until 12:30, usually at
        Spitz Park

        > PE usually includes preschoolers through teenagers. For all of
        the above
        > events, you are free to just show up.
        >
        > There is also an Evangelical Christian group that is very active.
        I don't
        > have their schedule. I know that they have sign ups soon for
        Spring

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 29, 2005
          There is a field trip this Friday at City of the Rocks. Everyone is meeting
          at the visitor's center at 1pm to watch a short film and then the kids will
          play. Some are going up early to eat a picnic lunch. I'm not sure yet if
          we are going.

          I've not been to the bowling alley, so I can't help you out there. You
          could probably ask at the front desk where the homeschool group is. PE
          this week (and last week) is at 3 Crosses Park, which is just a few minutes
          from Spitz park. They are meeting there to play basketball. After this
          week will be a break from PE for the holidays. There also won't be coop
          this month.

          I'm so sorry that you've had such a hard time finding people! I attend what
          I can, but my 2-year-old keeps us from PE a lot of the time. It's hard to
          keep her awake during that time of the day. Feel free to email me anytime
          you want an update!
        • aerinsmammy
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 29, 2005
            Thank you!! We're going to try to be there tomorrow for PE, and
            Friday's trip as well - I have an 11-month-old as well as a 5-year-
            old so things are sometimes hectic for me. Thanks for the
            information - and I hope Erin and I will meet you soon!
            Thanks,
            Corinne