Re: [lascruceshomeschool] Digest Number 62

  • Heather Rische
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 9, 2005
      Tawny- my son is ten and he has an 11/12 homeschool friend who is a girl- maybe we can get you together with them- I'll ask if I can give you their phone#- she (the girl) has expressed to me that she wishes she could make more friends!
      heather

      Heather Rische, LM, CPM
      Special Projects Manager
      Mountain View Market
      Las Cruces, NM
      Licensed Midwife, NM and TX
      Certified Professional Midwife

    • Renee Beltran
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 10, 2005

        Tawny,

        The only suggestion I can add for your daughter’s particular age is one that very well may not work out for you. But it’s the only tie to homeschooled kids of that age, plus other similarly aged children, that I can think of at the moment.  We attend the Universal Unitarian Church (at Solano and Wofford).  They have a religious education program (like Sunday School but something that covers and respects all religions/cultures/beliefs) and I know some homeschooled kids of that age participate. RE is from 10:30-11:30 on Sunday mornings there.  If you’re not familiar with the UU church, they are a very liberal, broad base of people that encompass just about every belief system out there.  But, I certainly understand that this is touching upon a very personal part of everyone’s lives, it’s just the only idea that I have at the moment involving 12 y.o.’s. J

        Good luck!

        Renee