RE: [lascruceshomeschool] New Homeschooler

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 9, 2005
      These are the events I know of:

      1st Friday-field trip (time and place varies)
      2nd Friday-bowling at Sun Lanes 12:30 until 2:30 for $3.50
      3rd Friday-co-op at 10am unitl 1:30ish at Mesilla Park Rec. Center, bring
      sack lunch
      **next week it starts at 9am because a lady is coming to speak about
      India
      Every Monday and Wednesday-PE from 11:45 until 12:30, usually at Spitz Park

      PE usually includes preschoolers through teenagers. For all of the above
      events, you are free to just show up.

      There is also an Evangelical Christian group that is very active. I don't
      have their schedule. I know that they have sign ups soon for Spring
      classes.

      Let me know if you need more details! Welcome to the fun world of
      homeschooling!

      Melani
    • aerinsmammy
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 9, 2005
        Thanks for the information!! I moved out here near the end of July,
        and have been wondering what homeschool group activities I could get
        my 5-year-old involved in... I had joined a different group (I
        think that the groups overlap a bit) before coming out here but they
        didn't seem to have many activities going on. Hope to meet many of
        you soon...
        Thanks!
        Corinne D'Angina

        --- In lascruceshomeschool@yahoogroups.com, "Melani Daves Moore"

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 11, 2005
          Hi Tawny,

          There is a homeschool group that meets the 3rd week of each month on
          Friday (So next Friday the 18th is when they will meet). This month
          it will start at 9 am. They meet at the Mesilla Park Community Center
          on Bell St. There is a wide range of ages. I think my daughter
          (almost 6) is one of the youngest and the oldest are in their teens.

          This year they are learning about different nations in the world among
          other things. And have time to socialize/play with other homeschoolers.

          I won't be there, but my wife and daughter will be; so, maybe you will
          see them if you decide to go.

          Bruce

          --- In lascruceshomeschool@yahoogroups.com, Tawny Widmer
          <tawnyw19@y...> wrote:

          > Hi Bruce,
          >
          > My daughter is 11 almost 12. Any help is greatly appreciated.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Tawny

        • aerinsmammy
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 29, 2005
            I'm interested in the group activities - could you tell me if there
            is a field trip planned for this Friday (12/2)? Also, my daughter
            would love to go bowling with some others - where would we be able
            to meet up with the homeschoolers at the bowling alley? We went
            last month, but being a holiday, there were many school-aged
            children besides mine. Is P.E. still going on? We've been going to
            the park on Spitz but have been the only ones there.
            Thank you so much,

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 29, 2005
              There is a field trip this Friday at City of the Rocks. Everyone is meeting
              at the visitor's center at 1pm to watch a short film and then the kids will
              play. Some are going up early to eat a picnic lunch. I'm not sure yet if
              we are going.

              I've not been to the bowling alley, so I can't help you out there. You
              could probably ask at the front desk where the homeschool group is. PE
              this week (and last week) is at 3 Crosses Park, which is just a few minutes
              from Spitz park. They are meeting there to play basketball. After this
              week will be a break from PE for the holidays. There also won't be coop
              this month.

              I'm so sorry that you've had such a hard time finding people! I attend what
              I can, but my 2-year-old keeps us from PE a lot of the time. It's hard to
              keep her awake during that time of the day. Feel free to email me anytime
              you want an update!
            • aerinsmammy
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 29, 2005
                Thank you!! We're going to try to be there tomorrow for PE, and
                Friday's trip as well - I have an 11-month-old as well as a 5-year-
                old so things are sometimes hectic for me. Thanks for the
                information - and I hope Erin and I will meet you soon!
                Thanks,
                Corinne