Re: [lascruceshomeschool] Re: New Homeschooler

  • Tawny Widmer
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 9, 2005
      Hi Bruce,

      My daughter is 11 almost 12.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Tawny

      huhmannb <bhuhmann@...> wrote:
      Hi Tawny,

      What age is your daughter.  Mine is almost 6 years years old.  There
      is a group that meets on the third Friday of every month as well as
      some other groups -- one that meets Wednesdays for PE activities for
      example, that I am aware of.

      Bruce

      --- In lascruceshomeschool@yahoogroups.com, "tawnyw19" <tawnyw19@y...>

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 9, 2005
        These are the events I know of:

        1st Friday-field trip (time and place varies)
        2nd Friday-bowling at Sun Lanes 12:30 until 2:30 for $3.50
        3rd Friday-co-op at 10am unitl 1:30ish at Mesilla Park Rec. Center, bring
        sack lunch
        **next week it starts at 9am because a lady is coming to speak about
        India
        Every Monday and Wednesday-PE from 11:45 until 12:30, usually at Spitz Park

        PE usually includes preschoolers through teenagers. For all of the above
        events, you are free to just show up.

        There is also an Evangelical Christian group that is very active. I don't
        have their schedule. I know that they have sign ups soon for Spring
        classes.

        Let me know if you need more details! Welcome to the fun world of
        homeschooling!

        Melani
      • aerinsmammy
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 9, 2005
          Thanks for the information!! I moved out here near the end of July,
          and have been wondering what homeschool group activities I could get
          my 5-year-old involved in... I had joined a different group (I
          think that the groups overlap a bit) before coming out here but they
          didn't seem to have many activities going on. Hope to meet many of
          you soon...
          Thanks!
          Corinne D'Angina

          --- In lascruceshomeschool@yahoogroups.com, "Melani Daves Moore"

          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 11, 2005
            Hi Tawny,

            There is a homeschool group that meets the 3rd week of each month on
            Friday (So next Friday the 18th is when they will meet). This month
            it will start at 9 am. They meet at the Mesilla Park Community Center
            on Bell St. There is a wide range of ages. I think my daughter
            (almost 6) is one of the youngest and the oldest are in their teens.

            This year they are learning about different nations in the world among
            other things. And have time to socialize/play with other homeschoolers.

            I won't be there, but my wife and daughter will be; so, maybe you will
            see them if you decide to go.

            Bruce

            --- In lascruceshomeschool@yahoogroups.com, Tawny Widmer
            <tawnyw19@y...> wrote:

            > Hi Bruce,
            >
            > My daughter is 11 almost 12. Any help is greatly appreciated.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Tawny

          • aerinsmammy
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 29, 2005
              I'm interested in the group activities - could you tell me if there
              is a field trip planned for this Friday (12/2)? Also, my daughter
              would love to go bowling with some others - where would we be able
              to meet up with the homeschoolers at the bowling alley? We went
              last month, but being a holiday, there were many school-aged
              children besides mine. Is P.E. still going on? We've been going to
              the park on Spitz but have been the only ones there.
              Thank you so much,

              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 29, 2005
                There is a field trip this Friday at City of the Rocks. Everyone is meeting
                at the visitor's center at 1pm to watch a short film and then the kids will
                play. Some are going up early to eat a picnic lunch. I'm not sure yet if
                we are going.

                I've not been to the bowling alley, so I can't help you out there. You
                could probably ask at the front desk where the homeschool group is. PE
                this week (and last week) is at 3 Crosses Park, which is just a few minutes
                from Spitz park. They are meeting there to play basketball. After this
                week will be a break from PE for the holidays. There also won't be coop
                this month.

                I'm so sorry that you've had such a hard time finding people! I attend what
                I can, but my 2-year-old keeps us from PE a lot of the time. It's hard to
                keep her awake during that time of the day. Feel free to email me anytime
                you want an update!
              • aerinsmammy
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 29, 2005
                  Thank you!! We're going to try to be there tomorrow for PE, and
                  Friday's trip as well - I have an 11-month-old as well as a 5-year-
                  old so things are sometimes hectic for me. Thanks for the
                  information - and I hope Erin and I will meet you soon!
                  Thanks,
                  Corinne