244Re: Let's Plan

  • yduhigg
    Apr 24, 2007
      Hi Rachel, I saw your respone to Leticia about having a hard time
      finding time to plan activities. I have a 3 year old son as well,
      and am having a little trouble getting "connected" with other
      homeschoolers. A Park Day would be perfect. I run a business from
      my home so I have time constraints as well, but if we work together
      on some activities and recruit some other parents, we can get some
      things started. Would you (or anyone else out there) be interested
      in a Park Day for any homeschooling family that wishes to attend and
      for all age children. My thought would be to start one in right away
      in May.

      Yvonne

      --- In lascruceshomeschool@yahoogroups.com, "roquemoma"
      <teachingmama8@...> wrote:

      > Welcome Leticia! I have two girls, 6 and 8, and a 3 year old
      boy.
      > We're fairly new to Las Cruces ourselves and still trying to meet
      other
      > homeschoolers. There isn't a lot of activity on this list, but
      there
      > are a few things going on that are harder to find. I've been
      meaning
      > to plan some activities myself but have been swamped with chickens
      and
      > goats. We moved here so we could have animals, and it's been a
      lot of
      > fun, but it's taken a lot more of my free time than I realized.
      Let us
      > know when you get here, we'd love to meet you for a park day.
      > Rachel
      >
      > --- In lascruceshomeschool@yahoogroups.com, "leticiawerner"
      > <leticiawerner@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi, I'm glad to know there are some homeschool groups out there
      in
      > > Cruces. I currently live in Albuquerque but will be moving to
      Las
      > > Cruces in May 2007. My husband and I have an 8 year old
      daughter
      > (our
      > > one and only)whom is learning at home. We would like to find
      out if
      > > this group has park days, field trips, etc... I guess we could
      > > continue looking in the Forum for new postings etc... Looking
      > forward
      > > to moving back to my hometown.

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic