207RE: [lascruceshomeschool] Story of The World History Co-op For Fall

  • Amissa Burton
    Jul 31, 2006
      You do not have to be using SOTW to enjoy the co-op.  We will be addressing a different ancient civilization each month for our project themes based on the SOTW Vol. 1 Timeline and use projects from the SOTW activity guide.  We are actually visiting Egypt in both Spring and Fall due to the placement in SOTW and the amount of projects for that subject!  However, I don't think you have to be reading SOTW to get benefit from it as it is going to be project based.  I'm just using SOTW to plan the schedule and material and b/c we are using it at home, plus I wanted to supplement what we do at home (since I really don't want to make mud bricks and such all by ourselves! ha ha)

      Melani Daves Moore <meldamo@...> wrote:
      We are not using SOTW for our history.  Would the co-op still be OK for DS 7?  We are reading Hillyer's "Child's History of the World" and doing Ancient Egypt from Veritas Press, so we are doing history, just not that history.

      **Amissa- Yoga Addicted, Homeschooling Mommy of 2**
           "Minds, like parachutes, function best when open."
      Lilypie Baby Ticker
       Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

      Do You Yahoo!?