110Re: New Homeschooler

  • aerinsmammy
    Nov 9, 2005
      Thanks for the information!! I moved out here near the end of July,
      and have been wondering what homeschool group activities I could get
      my 5-year-old involved in... I had joined a different group (I
      think that the groups overlap a bit) before coming out here but they
      didn't seem to have many activities going on. Hope to meet many of
      you soon...
      Thanks!
      Corinne D'Angina

      --- In lascruceshomeschool@yahoogroups.com, "Melani Daves Moore"
      <meldamo@c...> wrote:

      > These are the events I know of:
      >
      > 1st Friday-field trip (time and place varies)
      > 2nd Friday-bowling at Sun Lanes 12:30 until 2:30 for $3.50
      > 3rd Friday-co-op at 10am unitl 1:30ish at Mesilla Park Rec.
      Center, bring
      > sack lunch
      > **next week it starts at 9am because a lady is coming to
      speak about
      > India
      > Every Monday and Wednesday-PE from 11:45 until 12:30, usually at
      Spitz Park

      > PE usually includes preschoolers through teenagers. For all of
      the above
      > events, you are free to just show up.
      >
      > There is also an Evangelical Christian group that is very active.
      I don't
      > have their schedule. I know that they have sign ups soon for
      Spring
      > classes.
      >
      > Let me know if you need more details! Welcome to the fun world of
      > homeschooling!
      >
      > Melani

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic