1903 larkin desk top

  • DonnaC
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 21 4:29 PM
      Hi there - my husband and I purchased a desk top (with mirror ) at a yard sale - the woman said someone cut it off the top off the desk- we thought it was interesting and we are going to mount it on the wall, wondering if anyone knows how much this is worth? Its darker wood -with scroll work on top -and mirror- thanks Donamarie :)
    • Jerome Puma
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 22 6:50 AM
        That's a new one on me!  I have no idea what a piece of a desk would be "worth".  My personal point of view is that if you are happy with what you paid for it, and you like it, then that is exactly what it is "worth". Now, if you want to sell it to someone, and want to make a profit, whatever the new owner pays will now become what it is "worth"!

        Jerry

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 23 4:11 AM
          A diplomatic answer, and very true.
          Furniture prices have declined over the past few years, especially oak pieces.
          If you, the customer, are happy, then that is all that matters.
          Hope all goes well for you, Jerry. Thanks for keeping the Larkin Group's spirit alive and well.
          Angelo Abby

          Sent from my iPad

          On Jul 22, 2013, at 9:50 AM, Jerome Puma <jppuma@...> wrote:

          That's a new one on me!  I have no idea what a piece of a desk would be "worth".  My personal point of view is that if you are happy with what you paid for it, and you like it, then that is exactly what it is "worth". Now, if you want to sell it to someone, and want to make a profit, whatever the new owner pays will now become what it is "worth"!

          Jerry

          Hi there - my husband and I purchased a desk top (with mirror ) at a yard sale - the woman said someone cut it off the top off the desk- we thought it was interesting and we are going to mount it on the wall, wondering if anyone knows how much this is worth? Its darker wood -with scroll work on top -and mirror- thanks Donamarie :)

        • DONNA MARIE COSTA
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 23 5:02 PM
            Thanks Jerry- we are very happy with it- and with what we paid- so yes we will enjoy it on our wall. Its a beautiful piece -thanks

            Life is simple, you make choices and you don`t look back