overhead 002

  • eric
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2011
      Great shots, looks like you need a six hundred volt rotary plow.

      ericc

      Boston, MA
    • Holland James B.
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2011
        Rick,

        Do you run feeders or otherwise use the wires on the line poles themselves?       Will you be able to plow and run?       Nice outline to the overhead.

        Jim
      • ohioriverelectricrailway
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2, 2011
          I have feeders on the crossarms on the upgrade section of the line. I got some enameled wire from a craft store -- I think it's about 20 gauge. Nice and soft to work with. I tap the feeders about every 3 or 4 feet. They do make a difference in the voltage on the trolley wire, especially when double-heading. Figure I don't really need anything on the downgrade!

          No plowing, thank you very much. I have anough trouble keeping my feet and hands warm without fidding in the snow!!
        • Holland James B.
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 2, 2011
            Hi  Rick,       (:-D)      Understood about the weather!

            Do you dismantle anything for winter?       Take switch machines indoor?       Other?

            Management won't supply you with Snow Plow // Snow Broom // Snow Scraper??       You could operate it Radio Control from the Kitchen Window!!!!

            Jim