Re: Now that the snow has gone UPDATE

  • RickH
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 1, 2010
      Some good weather has prevailed. The superintendent takes a look around....

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRvxkNtWnKU
    • Forrest ScottW
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 1, 2010
        Sure looks like MOW and wire crews will be earning some overtime.
        Forrest

        --- In largescaleTrolley@yahoogroups.com, "RickH" <ptm42@...> wrote:

        > Some good weather has prevailed. The superintendent takes a look around....
        >
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRvxkNtWnKU

      • Dennis
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 2, 2010
          Great video , I saw the hand of God come down from above !
          You have already done some reballasting , I have not yet myself .
          OMG the whole town is gone , vanished , that was a storm for sure .!

          Thanks for shareing the video .

          Darlington Railway
          Now also has a Hartland Interurban combine with on board battery and the new G Scale Graphics RAILBOSS control card , which works really really well with the NEW Spektrum 2.4Ghz radios and receivers .
          This is really spoiling me a lot with its operation .
          And ............the DRy can now operate a track powered car , and a Catenary powered car ,and now also the onboard batt powered car , 3 car operation without DCC , and OUTSIDE to boot .
        • RickH
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 18, 2010
            --- In largescaleTrolley@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis" <ccgrc@...> wrote:

            > Great video , I saw the hand of God come down from above !
            > You have already done some reballasting , I have not yet myself .
            > OMG the whole town is gone , vanished , that was a storm for sure .!
            >
            > Thanks for shareing the video .

            Dennis, et al
            Thanks for the remarks -- kind or otherwise. I've repaired the feeder cables, placed about 25 new line poles and reinstalled about 20+ feet of wire and associated hardware. The weather isn't cooperating at the moment so I've been continuing to work on salvaging the old wire ears and cleaning them up for recycling. The super is a cheap sob and won't buy new ones!

            When I can't see any longer, then I turn the chair 180 degrees to work on my entry for the "build it in 89 days or less" challenge.

            As to the new ballast, I figure it's a lot easier to place it when the overhead isn't in the way. Also improved a couple of retaining walls as well. There's also the possibility of another three feet of building fronts to build for the curve on Front Street.

            There's a lot to say for retirement, IMHO!!!