PCC

  • Dennis
    Message 1 of 77 , Oct 16, 2009
      Anyone have any information on Aristo PCC release?
    • thegreatthirdrail
      Message 77 of 77 , Oct 29, 2009
        The Occre laser cut kits are available here in the US from a company called Model Expo. They had the kits on display here in Chicago last week at the International Hobby Expo.

        You can find them online here :
        http://www.modelexpo-online.com/

        Their online catalog doesn't work perfectly for some reason, I found it simplest to simply search for "occre" They have tram kits in 1:24 scale for a 1901 Madrid Electric, 1901 Barcelona Electric, an undated Berlin Tram, and a San Francisco cable car. Pretty reasonable pricing at basically $100/car (The cable car is $120)

        They offer motorizing kits for these kits as well, although two points strike me as areas to note before ordering. First, they note the kits as having brass wheels. Secondly the catalog seems to indicate that the motorizing kits are gauged for 45 mm track, a concern if you're not using the LGB standard.

        Last, and most important point !
        Model Expo is having a sale. Everything in the catalog is being offered at 25% off, which makes the offerings even more reasonably priced. Interestingly enough the sale extends to back-ordered items as well, so I guess if they don't have one in stock today, you'll get the discounted price when it does come in stock.
        According to the email flyer I got today, this sale runs only until midnight, Thursday, November 5th.

        In order to get the discount, you have to enter the offer code EMA310
        into the Offer Code box on the home page, or in your checkout window to activate. Offer is available online or through telephone orders (mention the code to the operator) Toll free - 800-222-3876
        Mon-Fri, 9 AM - 6 PM EST

        Enjoy
        John C

        PS - Standard disclaimer, not me, have nothing to do with the business, just passing along details of a special offer, etc